September 2023 "The Fallen" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post August 31, 2023 10:13 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2rSh9MnfQo9HmPLo2W5MBa

1. Tzompantli - "Yaotiacahuanetzli" (from "Tlazcaltiliztli", 2022) [submitted by Daniel]

2. The Body - "The City is Shelled" (from "I've Seen All I Need to See", 2021) [submitted by Sonny]

3. Crowbar - "The Lasting Dose" (from "Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form", 2001) [submitted by Vinny]

4. Baroness - "Desperation Burns" (from "Purple", 2015)

5. Type O Negative - "White Slavery" (from "World Coming Down", 1999) [submitted by Ben]

6. Dystopia - "Ignorance of Pride" (from "Human = Garbage EP", 1994)

7. Smoulder - "Dragonslayer's Doom" (from "Violent Creed of Vengeance", 2023) [submitted by Sonny]

8. Paradise Lost - "Victim of the Past" (from "The Plague Within", 2015)

9. The Abbey - "Old Ones" (from "Word of Sin", 2023)

10. My Dying Bride - "And My Fury Stands Ready" (from "Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light", 2004) [submitted by Daniel]

11. Toke - "Within the Sinister Void" (from "(Orange)", 2017) [submitted by Vinny]

12. Cult of Luna - "The Silent Man" (from "A Dawn To Fear", 2019)

13. Shape of Despair - "Curse Life" (from "Illusion's Play", 2004) [submitted by Ben]

14. Acid Mammoth - "Tree of Woe" (from "Under Acid Hoof", 2020) [submitted by Vinny]

15. Sunn O))) - "Troubled Air" (from "Life Metal", 2019)

16. Decomposed - "Inscriptions" (from "Hope Finally Died...", 1993) [submitted by Ben]

September 01, 2023 09:59 AM

Hits this month for me to check out further = The Body, Baroness

Pleasing familiar artists = Smoulder, Shape of Despair and Tzompantli

Skips this month for me = Type O Negative, My Dying Bride

Amazingly enough this was my first ever listen to Sunn O))) and although not blown away I accept that this is for a certain mindset and so doing chores whilst listening did not engage me well with it.  I plan to revisit though.

Another solid month Sonny, keep 'em coming.