February 2023 "The Fallen" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post January 31, 2023 10:51 PM

I will add the link tomorrow when I have access to my laptop:

1. The Hounds of Hasselvander - "The Ninth Hour" from "The Ninth Hour" (2011)

2. Black Tomb - "Turning Worm" from "Black Tomb" (2016) [submitted by Sonny]

3. Fvneral Fvkk - "Chapel of Abuse" from "Carnal Confessions" (2019)

4. Mansion - "You Are Suspicious (Extended Version)" from "You Are Suspicious (Extended Version)" (2023) [submitted by Sonny]

5. Orange Goblin - "Snail Hook" from "Time Travelling Blues" (1998)

6. Ahab - "Colossus of the Liquid Graves" from "The Coral Tombs" (2023)

7. Admiral Angry - "The Illusion of Strength" from "Buster" (2009) [submitted by Daniel]

8. Hexer - "Bathyskaph" from "Abyssal" (2023) [submitted by Sonny]

9. The Howling Void - "Impenetrable Gloom" from "Into Darkness Ever More Profound" (2023)

10. The Old Dead Tree - "We Cry as One" from "The Nameless Disease" (2003)

11. Noothgrush - "Hatred for the Species" from "Noothgrush / Corrupted Split" (1997)

12. Fimir - "One Eyed Beast" from "Tomb of God" (2021)

13. Paradise Lost - "Frozen Illusion - Frozen Illusion Demo 1989" from "Drown In Darkness - The Early Demos" (2009) [submitted by Daniel]

14. Buzzov•en - "A Lack Of" from "...At a Loss" (1998)

15. Temple of the Fuzz Witch - "Bathsheba" from "Temple of the Fuzz Witch" (2019)

16. Khanate - "Skin Coat" from "Khanate" (2001) [submitted by Sonny]

17. Void of Silence - "Opus VIII: Universal Separation" from "Criteria ov 666" (2002) [submitted by Daniel]

February 24, 2023 11:59 AM

I went through my first The Fallen playlist this month.  My takeaway picks were The Hounds of Hasselvander, Fvneral Fvck, Mansion, Ahab and The Howling Void.  I didn't mind Admiral Angry either but I have never understood the hype around Orange Goblin and this tack didn't change my mind either.  Some cool takeaways to explore in more detail though.  Thanks Sonny.

February 24, 2023 12:16 PM

I went through my first The Fallen playlist this month.  My takeaway picks were The Hounds of Hasselvander, Fvneral Fvck, Mansion, Ahab and The Howling Void.  I didn't mind Admiral Angry either but I have never understood the hype around Orange Goblin and this tack didn't change my mind either.  Some cool takeaways to explore in more detail though.  Thanks Sonny.

Quoted Vinny

It's great that you enjoyed Mansion, Ahab and Howling Void Vinny as they are 2023 releases and it feels like The Fallen may be in for a good year new music-wise. Fvneral Fvck were a new one on me too that I discovered while compiling the list and really dug a lot.