Queensrÿche's "The Warning" should be in The Infinite

First Post July 27, 2021 11:46 AM

Argue with me if you would like, but as much as I acknowledge the first Queensryche album's position in The Guardians, it is also responsible for kick-starting the progressive metal genre in half the amount of songs while keeping the classic heavy metal influences, with those songs containing tasteful keyboards, odd time signatures, and alternation between fast and slow sections. While the heavy metal and progressive metal ratio is around 50:50, the album deserves more of its credit in pioneering the latter genre. With that, I would like to submit Queensrÿche's "The Warning" to the Hall to be added to The Infinite while keeping its position in The Guardians.

July 27, 2021 12:25 PM

I'd suggest that it's a lot closer to progressive metal than it is to heavy metal in all honesty. I'd take it out of The Guardians too if it was up to me.

July 27, 2021 12:28 PM

I recently listened to this one for the Guardians challenge, and yeah, I could see it. It definitely sounded markedly different from its contemporaries.

July 27, 2021 01:11 PM
I actually have another album in mind that could be taken out of the Guardians, which you'll see in another judgement submission. Let's see how this one goes in the Hall...
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
August 28, 2021 06:41 AM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

August 28, 2021 07:51 AM
Thanks, Ben!