Oranssi Pazuzu's "Värähtelijä" belong in The Infinite

First Post June 03, 2021 10:14 PM

As with Oranssi Pazuzu's 2020 album "Mestarin kynsi", I find "Värähtelijä" to be much more the a black metal release. In fact it's mainly only the vocals that tie it to that genre with the rest of the experience sitting much more comfortably in The Infinite territory. There could be a case for progressive metal & avant-garde metal but personally I think that post-metal is the best fit due to the long atmospheric build-ups, strong use of repetition, huge crescendos & more textured & layered composition with the guitars generally adding colour over the top of a driving bass line rather than playing actual riffs. Therefore, I'd like to propose that this release has a post-metal tag added so that it sits in both The North & The Infinite.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
June 08, 2021 11:44 PM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

May 22, 2022 12:17 PM

We're very close to a result on this one guys so if you know the record & are eligible to vote but haven't done so as yet then I'd encourage you to do so.

https://metal.academy/hall/98

September 23, 2022 08:00 PM

With a result of Yes 7 No 1, I've today decided to uphold this Hall of Judgement entry & add "Värähtelijä" to The Infinite clan as well as the the Post-Metal genre.