Cryptic Shift's "Visitations From Enceladus" should be removed from The Horde

First Post May 25, 2021 12:22 PM
This is gonna be probably my most controversial Hall of Judgement submission yet. First off, there already is a judgement submission involving this release. I agree with Daniel about this album being a progressive release deserving the Infinite clan, and I don't wanna change that, so this is a SEPARATE submission for this one album. Second is the main and controversial part; despite all these death metal influences and what people say about this album, I don't think it has a full enough death metal sound to be part of The Horde. Sure you can't deny the frequent death growls and the riffing and percussion of death metal, but the progressive death part of the sound has more emphasis on progressive, in the same level as early Opeth and mid-2000s Gojira. In fact, personally I would replace Gorguts with those two bands' eras in the "for fans of" thing set up by Daniel, though I respect how it originally is. All in all, I would consider Cryptic Shift's "Visitations From Enceladus" just a progressive technical thrash album with death elements and therefore would like it submitted to the Hall to be removed from The Horde while staying in The Pit and possibly The Infinite.
May 25, 2021 12:43 PM

And what happens if this is voted a no then Andi? Does that mean that you'll never listen to it again & will remove your review so that you won't be linked to death metal?

For the record, I'll be voting no here.