Running Wild's "Death Or Glory"

First Post March 21, 2021 06:16 AM

Running Wild's classic 1989 fifth album "Death Or Glory" is currently tagged as both Heavy Metal & Power Metal however I have to question the Power Metal tag given that there's really only a couple of genuine power metal tracks amongst the ten (or fifteen if you've got the CD version) tracks. I think the fact that the opening track is a clear example of fully fledged Power Metal is the main reason that people tend to go that way but that's nowhere near enough for me personally so I'd like to propose that its Power Metal tag is removed to leave it with just the Heavy Metal one.

March 21, 2021 12:45 PM
I personally think the speedy melodic riffs in over half the amount of the songs and the pirate-fantasy lyrics in almost every song show power metal potential, but we'll see how this album goes in the Hall...
March 21, 2021 07:02 PM

It's my personal opinion that lyrics have no impact on subgenre whatsoever. Also, does "power metal potential" mean that you'd be happy to see "Death Or Glory" sitting on top of the Power Metal charts? Honestly, opening track aside, this record isn't any more power metal than Iron Maiden or Judas Priest & no one is pushing them out into power metal territory despite having significantly more operatic front men than Running Wild.

March 21, 2021 08:40 PM

Ben, please also create an entry for Running Wild's "Wild Animal" E.P. for the exact same reasons.