Special Horde removal judgement submission week: Day 6 - Paradise Lost's "Drown in Darkness - The Early Demos"

First Post February 13, 2021 04:23 AM

This album is a compilation of demos Paradise Lost made before they released their debut album Lost Paradise. However, similar to My Dying Bride's "Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium", while there are some standard death metal elements in the demos, death-doom is much closer to doom. They've almost always been just a Fallen band and prefer to stay that way. So I'd like to submit Paradise Lost's "Drown in Darkness - The Early Demos" to the Hall with the proposal of removing it from The Horde while keeping it in The Fallen.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
April 26, 2021 10:46 PM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

April 26, 2021 11:02 PM

Thanks Ben!

December 28, 2022 10:53 AM

However, similar to My Dying Bride's "Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium", while there are some standard death metal elements in the demos, death-doom is much closer to doom.

Quoted Shadowdoom9 (Andi)

I don't see this release in the same way as I did "Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium" which included just a single short death metal track between two death/doom numbers. "Drown In Darkness" includes twelve tracks which offer a roughly even split of classic death metal & death/doom. It's really not that relevant whether death/doom is much closer to doom metal as a good half of this release isn't death/doom & that's kinda the point of the dual tag which I feel is warranted here. I'm going with a NO vote on this Hall of Judgement entry as it's my opinion that this release belongs in The Horde just as much as it does in The Fallen.