Special Horde removal judgement submission week: Day 5 - My Dying Bride's "Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium"

First Post February 12, 2021 12:38 AM
My Dying Bride has always been a doom metal band, while starting with death-doom in their first few years. While there are some standard death metal elements in this EP, death-doom is much closer to doom, helped out by the session violin. They've always been just a Fallen band and prefer to stay that way. So I'd like to submit My Dying Bride's "Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium" to the Hall with the proposal of removing it from The Horde while keeping it in The Fallen.
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
April 26, 2021 10:29 PM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

April 26, 2021 11:01 PM
Thanks Ben!
November 16, 2022 12:02 PM

I revisited this release a few times yesterday & have to say that I still find it to be an amazing release all these years later. I'd already heard the "Towards The Sinister" demo by that point but it hadn't done very much for me to be honest so this was the first MDB release that I could really connect with. The gothic monster that is the classic doom/death title track was a revelation while the heavily Bolt Thrower influenced "God Is Alone" is some of the finest death metal you'll hear. It really doesn't matter all that much that the instrumentalists technical skills were still very basic & the production job isn't all that strong.

For fans of Paradise Lost, Anathema & Novembers Doom.

4.5/5

I have to say that I agree with your submission Andi as only "God Is Alone" could be classed as legitimate death metal. It's a YES vote from me.