Special Horde removal judgement submission week: Day 2 - Shadows Fall's "Somber Eyes to the Sky"

First Post February 09, 2021 12:23 AM
Shadows Fall has almost always been thrashy metalcore, and similarly to that Amaranthe EP, Shadows Fall's debut album has melodeath elements but not as much as its metalcore prominence. They were influenced by In Flames and other Gothenburg metal bands at that time, but it's overshadowed by their hardcore roots that would shine in all their later albums. Former vocalist Philip Labonte would take that genre mix to his next band All That Remains. Anyway, I'd like to submit Shadows Fall's "Somber Eyes to the Sky" to the Hall with the proposal of removing it from The Horde while keeping it in The Revolution.
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
April 14, 2021 08:38 PM

This release has been submitted to the Hall of Judgement.

April 14, 2021 10:03 PM
Thanks Ben!
September 25, 2022 07:47 AM

For some reason the notes on this submission didn't match up exactly with what was originally asked for in this thread & it sounded a bit misleading so I've deleted it & recreated the entry. I also found that the album wasn't in The Revolution in the first place but should definitely have qualified for it so I've added it under Melodic Metalcore.

Andi, you might want to submit your vote again.

September 25, 2022 09:40 AM

Vote re-submitted. Thanks Daniel!