Godflesh's "Post Self" should be in The Infinite

First Post February 06, 2021 10:15 AM
The latest album from these industrial metal pioneers doesn't just have the name "Post Self" for show. Besides the post-metal genre now fitting the 2:1 ratio in RYM (for - 33, against - 11), many of the songs showcase the desolate atmosphere of post-metal in which those influences were first hinted in Pure, along with prominent post-punk elements borrowed from one of Broadrick's biggest inspirations Killing Joke. With that, I'd like to submit Godflesh's "Post-Self" to the Hall of Judgement with the proposal of adding it to The Infinite with the Post-Metal tag while keeping its existing position in The Sphere.
February 06, 2021 10:21 AM
Also I just wanna let you know I'm gonna be making a lot of hall submissions throughout the second week of February. I know I can no longer submit multiple releases in one thread, but maybe it would be better if I space out each release, one per submission, one per day. There's a suitable reason for each of those submissions and I'll let you know as they roll. Please prepare yourself, Ben....
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
April 08, 2021 09:00 PM

I've skipped the Hall for this one, and just added the Post-Metal genre. When I first added releases to the site, the Post-Metal genre was actually reasonably fresh on RYM. When I see albums that are now heavily voted up for that genre, I just make the change.

This means that Post Self now belongs to both The Sphere and The Infinite.

April 08, 2021 11:29 PM
Cool, thanks Ben!