Possibility of canceling stale judgement submissions?

First Post February 01, 2021 01:54 PM

Hey there, Ben. I was wondering, is it possible for judgement submissions to be canceled, like if a submission doesn't get at least 8 votes for one and a half years after voting for the submission begins, it gets canceled and the release stays as it is currently? A few submissions have been around for soooo long and have gained so little votes throughout that time. The sole submitter of those Halls (Daniel) might object, but we can't leave his Halls lying there without any movement. If they never get updated, then there's probably no point to keep them on. They've gone stale, they have to go!

Here are two examples for you to start with; my submissions for Trivium's "Shogun" and "Vengeance Falls". I have a couple reasons why I'd like their submissions canceled. For Shogun, the album has somehow already gotten added to The Pit, so there's absolutely no point in keeping that submission up anymore. For Vengeance Falls, looking back at that album, while it does have some thrash elements, it is mostly the metalcore of In Waves while using a classic formula. So Ben, please try to find a way to cancel stale judgement submissions with the Trivium ones being the highest priorities. OK thanks!

February 01, 2021 08:59 PM

It's a lovely gesture Andi however the Hall submissions serve a purpose as they're the only avenue people have to combat incorrect clan positioning. My older submissions are still just as relevant now as they were when they were submitted so I see no reason to remove them despite the time it might be taking for them to be completed. I mean it's highly unlikely that we're going to see too many Hall entries going through in less than a year until the site is significantly busier. With regards to your own submissions, I'm sure we can remove them if you've changed your position on those releases.

February 01, 2021 11:34 PM
OK Daniel, we'll let your older submissions stay, but please remove my Trivium submissions. (reasons mentioned in their paragraph above)
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
February 04, 2021 08:21 PM

Both judgements have been cancelled.

February 04, 2021 11:28 PM
Thanks Ben! If there are any other judgements I'd like you to cancel, I'll let you know, but for now the only ones I had in mind were those Trivium submissions.