Cryptic Slaughter's "Stream Of Consciousness"

First Post December 25, 2020 10:30 PM
Cryptic Slaughter's 1988 third album "Stream Of Consciousness" is generally lumped in with the crossover thrash crowd however I have to question it's metal credentials. Yes it's got the intensity of metal at times however it utilizes very few metal tools & sits far more comfortably under the thrashcore & hardcore punk tags in my opinion. For this reason, I'd like to propose it be removed from The Pit & added to "Non-Metal".
December 25, 2020 11:28 PM
To be honest, I don't really like how a subgenre like thrashcore has the same name as thrash metal. Thrash metal is one of the most aggressive and most popular metal subgenres, and when there's a subgenre that is just a faster version of hardcore punk with the word "thrash" in its name, that can cause some confusion and degrade the extreme reputation of thrash metal. If I could give the thrashcore subgenre another name, I would probably call it "speedcore"... Oh wait, that's an electronic-dance subgenre. OK, "fastcore"! Yeah, I would call it "fastcore", that's what some people call thrashcore. But that's just my opinion. Let's see how this album would go in the Hall....
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
February 04, 2021 08:00 PM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.