Voivod's "Phobos" should be removed from The Sphere

First Post November 29, 2020 07:34 AM

I was shocked by Voivod's Phobos having been placed in The Sphere. I mean, in RYM, Industrial Metal has enough YES votes to qualify in The Sphere, but... No, just NO!! This is not Ministry, this is not Rammstein, this. is. VOIVOD!!! There are electronics galore but is it really that industrial!? This is in just a slight background amount of industrial like say, Paradise Lost's Symbol of Life (By the way, have you noticed a few similarities to the stylistic directions of Paradise Lost and Voivod while they're obviously not in the same genres? More about that in this thread: https://metal.academy/forum/23/thread/591). With that, I'd like to submit Voivod's "Phobos" with the proposal of being removed from The Sphere.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
February 03, 2021 08:50 PM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

February 03, 2021 11:40 PM
Thanks Ben! By the way, I can tolerate a little more industrial metal now, but it's more of the experimental industrial metal of Strapping Young Lad and Godflesh, not the alt-industrial metal of Ministry and Rammstein. I still don't think any of Voivod's albums belong in The Sphere though...