Cradle of Filth's "Cruelty and the Beast" should be removed from The Fallen

First Post November 29, 2020 01:21 AM

I totally agree about Cradle of Filth's Cruelty and the Beast not being a Fallen album. Like Ben said, "Is it gothic? Absolutely! Is it Gothic Metal, absolutely not!" This album is basically gothic-THEMED black metal, not gothic black metal. With that, I'd like to submit Cradle of Filth's "Cruelty and the Beast" with the proposal of being removed from The Fallen.

November 29, 2020 07:21 AM

I think the consensus has been that we're better off not going for two changes in the one Hall entry any more Andi. This one is a prime example of why as I'm very much onboard with one of your suggested changes & strongly against the other so I'd have to vote "no" overall.

November 29, 2020 07:28 AM
Oh... Well in this case, I'm gonna change this request so it only mentions removing the album from The Fallen. I can't change the thread name, so please ignore the "added to The Guardians" part. That means I'm gonna have to cut down my Voivod's "Phobos" entry which is asking for more than two changes. Stay tuned for my re-entry!
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
February 03, 2021 08:42 PM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

February 03, 2021 11:35 PM
Thanks Ben!
September 11, 2022 12:21 AM
I'm pleased to announce that I've decided to pass this Hall nomination with a clear majority vote tally of 7 YES 0 NO. This has seen "Cruelty & the Beast" being removed from the Gothic Metal genre & The Fallen clan while maintaining its position in The North under the Black Metal genre.
September 11, 2022 08:23 PM

I always felt that the classification was questionable.