Judgement Submissions Boost (special poll)

First Post November 23, 2020 10:35 AM

I was gonna wait until after I gain some activity in the Solstafir's "Berdreyminn" and Mastodon's "Cold Dark Place" polls (none so far) to do this, but then I thought "Scr*w the wait, I'm gonna do it now!" We'll get to the reason later. Those polls gave me the idea to experiment on trying to give the Hall of Judgement a little more activity...by a forum! We're gonna be doing the voting in this thread before taking the votes to the Hall. Here we'll start with the highest voted releases (currently 11 or 12). You can either vote in the thread by adding a number by 1 when you vote (11 -> 12, 12 -> 13, 13 -> 14, 14 -> 15, etc.), or send me a PM if you want your vote to be anonymous. Then I'll send a PM to any of the voters who haven't voted in the Hall yet to do so. As always, once a release reaches 15, the Hall will decide its fate. The highest voted releases are below, so vote away!

Coroner - Mental Vortex (1991)

Total votes: 11

Voivod - War and Pain (1984)

Total votes: 11

Venom - Possessed (1985)

Total votes: 12

I also plan on reviewing the Venom and Voivod albums to describe my opinion about the genres they are in. More info about that in this list description: https://metal.academy/lists/single/78

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
November 23, 2020 07:38 PM

I'm all for encouraging people to vote on requests, but I can't say I understand why you're asking people to vote here when they can (and should) just go straight to the Hall of vote there.

November 23, 2020 11:38 PM
I just thought this would be a little faster since activity in the Hall has been slowed to a standstill lately.
November 24, 2020 12:16 AM

The best thing you can do to speed things up there is to recruit more active members Andi. Any help we can get in that regard would be greatly appreciated.

November 24, 2020 01:47 AM
None of the new members right now are as active as we are, but I'll see what I can do to help.
Ben
Ben
November 24, 2020 05:40 AM

The issue of there not being much activity in the Hall has been lessened by me now having the ability to close off a request earlier when there is an unbeatable lead. I've just closed off both of the Vektor requests and added both of them to The Infinite.

There are a few other releases that are close to being unbeatable. No, I won't tell you what they are. I don't want to sway people's voting by them knowing what the general consensus is. I actually feel this is the number one reason why RYM is often wrong. People feel like they can't state their opinion when it's different to everyone else. Anonymity  and no visibility of other's choices means people can safely give their own (real) opinions.

Ben
Ben
November 24, 2020 05:42 AM

Actually, I've just discovered that two other releases have unbeatable Yes leads. I will push through those changes tomorrow and close them off.

I'm very excited about one of them, as it goes against every other metal site on the internet.

November 24, 2020 06:19 AM

The issue of there not being much activity in the Hall has been lessened by me now having the ability to close off a request earlier when there is an unbeatable lead. I've just closed off both of the Vektor requests and added both of them to The Infinite.

Quoted Ben

Great, thanks Ben! Now we can see that Vektor is indeed completely progressive thrash metal.

November 24, 2020 10:57 PM

I just thought this would be a little faster since activity in the Hall has been slowed to a standstill lately.

Quoted shadowdoom9

what makes you think activity on the forum is any more “alive”?

November 24, 2020 11:28 PM
New forum threads and replies appear much faster than Hall votes.
November 25, 2020 11:33 PM
Now that most of those albums above have already finished their voting early, I don't think there's any more reason to keep up this poll. Daniel, I'm gonna take your advice and try to get more members to vote for highly voted requests that haven't yet reach an unbeatable lead (starting with Venom's Possessed), so thanks for that. And thanks Ben for the early closure of requests. This poll is officially closed!