Voivod's "Dimension Hatröss"

First Post September 08, 2020 08:17 PM

I've never understood people's tendency to lump Voivod in with thrash metal as they never sat very comfortably under that banner in my opinion & their classic 1988 album "Dimension Hatross" is a prime example of this. The progressive metal tag is certainly valid but how people can tag Celtic Frost's "Into The Pandemonium" as avant-garde metal but not this one is anyone's guess because "Dimension Hatross" still sounds truly unique & bizarre to this day. Therefore, I'm proposing that we remove this release from The Pit & add the Avant-garde Metal tag on top of the existing Progressive Metal one.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
October 20, 2020 10:25 PM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

November 23, 2020 08:44 AM

This might be a more general query, but while giving this album another listen to help me decide my vote on this submission, I felt I agreed with one part of it but not the other. I'd assume in this circumstance we should still vote "no", as I don't want the overall proposed change to take place, but there is at least one aspect I agree with.

November 23, 2020 09:14 AM

That's a really good question & one that I've pondered on from time to time. I can't think of any other way around this other than to limit the changes to one per Hall entry & to allow multiple Hall submissions per release. I'll have a chat with Ben about it over the coming days.

While we figure that out, the most important part of this particular vote is that we get the release into the right clans so I'd suggest that you base your call on whether or not you feel that the album should be removed from The Pit.

Ben
Ben
November 23, 2020 07:33 PM

I generally encourage people to make one change request at a time (the most likely change to go through). The more changes you're requesting at once, the less chance you have of the whole thing going through.

I don't see how I can make the system allow for a yes and a no vote at the same time.

Ben
Ben
November 23, 2020 07:33 PM

So if you don't agree with both requested changes Tymell, your answer should be no.