Flames Of Hell's "Fire & Steel"

First Post March 09, 2020 07:00 PM
1987's "Fire & Steel" album from Iceland's Flames Of Hell is often labelled as a blackened thrash record but I don't hear either subgenre here. It's a combination of traditional doom metal & speed metal with a little heavy metal thrown in here & there. So I'm proposing that it's removed from The North, added to The Fallen & its subgenre tagging of thrash metal is changed to speed metal.
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
March 10, 2020 05:23 AM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

September 12, 2022 02:08 PM

I think there is too much going on in this submission with the removal of two genres and the installation of two different ones, a total of four changes in one submission. I have voted yes despite being unsure as to whether this deserves a place in The Fallen. I certainly don't think it is black or thrash metal (or any good) and a speed metal tag is definitely justified. I can hear where the trad doom submission comes from but find it hard to agree with.

October 14, 2022 09:54 PM
I feel that the vote tally of YES 6 No 1 is conclusive enough to justify a result on this submission so I have decided to uphold it. The release has now been removed from The North, added to The Fallen under the Doom Metal subgenre & has been swapped from Thrash Metal to Speed Metal.