Trail of Tears' "A New Dimension of Might" should be in The North

First Post September 03, 2023 02:18 AM

After the first two Trail of Tears albums where they added melodeath to their extreme gothic metal sound, they twisted the sound with something darker and more epic-sounding, symphonic black metal in A New Dimension of Might. While the symphonics come from keyboard orchestrations, there's a lot of aggressive riffing and sinister screams that give the album more in common with Covenant and late 2000s Abigail Williams than Nightwish and Epica. So here's how I'd like these issues to be sorted out in the Hall:

1. I'd like to see this release added to The North and symphonic black metal.

2. ONLY if that entry has more YES votes and gets that album added to The North, I'd like to see symphonic metal and The Guardians clan removed from the release.

All that while keeping its position in The Fallen and gothic metal.

September 04, 2023 02:13 AM

This nomination has been posted in the Hall of Judgement.

December 14, 2023 01:36 AM

After my brief exploration of melodic/symphonic black metal, I've given A New Dimension of Might some more listening and realized I may be wrong here. Sure there are the aforementioned symphonic black metal aspects in this album, but they're practically nothing compared to the earlier epic fury of Emperor and Windir. The operatic symphonics of Nightwish and Epica take most of the spotlight here. So I'd like those hall entries cancelled and this Trail of Tears album's position in its clans left as is, please Daniel.

December 15, 2023 09:57 PM

This Hall of Judgement poll has now been deleted Andi.

December 15, 2023 11:19 PM
OK, thanks Daniel.