Adramelch's "Irae Melanox" isn't power metal

First Post August 19, 2023 08:36 PM

Adramelch's 1988 debut album certainly contains elements of power metal (particularly through the back end of the tracklisting) however there's a lot more of it that simply sounds like fully-fledged progressive metal so I feel that a dual tagging is unnecessary. For that reason, I'd like to see "Irae Melanox" removed from The Guardians & the power metal genre while maintaining its position in The Infinite under progressive metal.

This nomination has been posted in the Hall of Judgement.

August 21, 2023 12:08 AM

I've given this Adramelch album some listening and a review to test out my strength in the progressive power metal I once loved, and to be honest, I'm not sure if fully-fledged progressive metal would be what I would call this offering. There are a few full-on power metal tracks with speedy Iron Maiden-infused riffing and wide-ranged singing, and sure the rest of this album has the early progressive metal of Queensryche/Fates Warning, but even the more progressive tracks are as melodic as power metal in some sections. So I might have to vote NO for this Hall entry.