Blood Ceremony's debut should be in The Fallen

First Post December 01, 2019 11:40 PM

Sonny92 believes that the debut album from Blood Ceremony still sounds metal, despite not having a metal primary in RYM. I agree with Sonny, and I'm suggesting adding Blood Ceremony's "Blood Ceremony" to The Fallen with the tag "Doom Metal". Sonny's quote in next post...

December 01, 2019 11:41 PM

Just wondering if it would be possible to submit releases to The Hall of Judgement that don't have a metal primary on RYM. Personally I think that Blood Ceremony's debut not having a metal primary, despite sounding like Sabbath jamming with Ian Anderson and Grace Slick, is a travesty and would like to be able to submit it (and others like it) for consideration by the more metal-savvy users of Metal Academy.

Quoted Sonny92

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
December 02, 2019 12:00 AM

This release has been added to the Hall of Judgement.

May 29, 2022 10:26 PM

So I finally got around to checking this album out over the last day or so & I have to admit that I disagree about it being a metal release. There are a lot more components to Blood Ceremony's sound than just doom metal with psychedelic rock, stoner rock & progressive rock all playing a strong role along with the odd bit of folk. I can definitely see where the two of you are coming from as there's no denying that there are Iommi-worshipping doom metal riffs here but the guitar tone is centered in hard rock territory which gives the album more of a rock feel & this is accentuated by the flute, organ & vocals to leave me feeling that a dual heavy psych/stoner rock primary is all I think this needs. I mean by definition stoner rock "combines blues rock, psychedelia & the repetitive riffs of doom metal" & that sums this record up pretty well in my opinion so I've gone with a NO on this occasion.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on this one Ben.