Amaranthe's "Massive Addictive" should still be in The Revolution

First Post January 15, 2023 08:52 AM

Trance metal has been completely wiped out from the site, but in all the trance metal releases' moves to different genres and clans, some might not be appropriate for the respective releases. The third Amaranthe album is one example. I wouldn't call Massive Addictive alternative metal alone, as there are some songs that prominently have their earlier trance-metalcore in their prior albums, such as the title track, "Danger Zone", and "Skyline", with the vocal growls, heavy riffs, and occasional breakdowns. There are also trance-ified elements of melodeath and power metal that spread throughout, but they're secondary. So I'd like to submit Amaranthe's "Massive Addictive" to the Hall to be added to The Revolution with the melodic metalcore subgenre, while staying in The Gateway.

January 20, 2023 09:16 PM

I decided to pay this nomination Andi as I really only took a wild guess when allocating the Trance Metal releases to alternative subgenres & the other Amaranthe releases all received Melodic Metalcore tags so it's pretty likely that you're correct given that it was already borderline as to whether this one would land under Alternative Metal or Melodic Metalcore anyway.

January 20, 2023 11:26 PM

OK, thanks Daniel!