PassCode's "Clarity" is not just trance metal

First Post December 17, 2022 02:30 AM

PassCode is a trance metal/core band, having a similar vein to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, though with a Babymetal-inspired Japanese girl lineup. However, I wouldn't consider their album Clarity just trance metal. There's more emphasis on both the hardcore and melodic sides, with the former including the riffing, harsh vocals, and occasional breakdowns, and the latter including the synths, clean vocals, and J-pop influences. So this is more of a trancecore album, but trancecore has been deemed a hardcore subgenre and taken out of the site, with all the trancecore releases being moved to melodic metalcore. With that, I'd like to submit PassCode's "Clarity" to the Hall to have the melodic metalcore subgenre added while staying in trance metal.

December 17, 2022 08:32 PM

I might just wait until the Trance Metal deep dive is over before posting this one Andi as I'm not certain that the Trance Metal genre will still be a part of our database or not just yet & that might change people's opinions on the most appropriate tagging for this release.

December 17, 2022 11:21 PM

Sure thing, Daniel.