Tool's last four albums should be in The Infinite

First Post August 17, 2022 12:20 AM

I honestly don't know how these four albums managed to avoid the progressive metal tag, considering that Tool is considered one of the contenders for the title "the greatest prog metal band on Earth," with Dream Theater and Opeth.  I don't really feel like I have to lecture anyone on the prog metal bands influenced by Tool's general craziness.  There weren't even Hall of Judgement threads on this.

The albums are Aenima, Lateralus, 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum.

August 17, 2022 01:04 AM

That's quite a lot to submit here, Rexorcist. How about we start with 10,000 Days and work our way down those releases one by one? Also, progressive metal is in The Infinite, not The Guardians, which is why I didn't say Fear Inoculum that's already in that clan.

August 17, 2022 01:25 AM

Crap.  I meant to say Infinite, but I spend a lot of time doing guardians stuff. :P.  That and I was doing three things at once.  Fixing that now.

Also, good idea, but I think we should start from Aenima upward.  That and Lateralus are the bigger ones.

August 19, 2022 11:41 PM

I've added "Aenima", "Lateralus" & "10,000 Days" to the Hall of Judgement.

For the record, people should feel free to submit as many releases for judgement as they feel like as long as they feel they're legitimately mistagged.