Sore Throat's "Inde$troy" should be in The Infinite

First Post August 16, 2022 09:20 AM

This submission may come as a surprise to some, but there's a heavy amount of ambience in the intro and outro, and a couple of the less hardcore, sludgy-sounding sections in between, probably the majority of this album. There's no denying that this is perhaps the first ever atmospheric sludge metal release, while mixed with industrial metal and only small bits of crust punk. So I'd like to see Sore Throat's "Inde$troy" sent to the Hall to be added to The Infinite as post-metal under the atmospheric sludge metal subgenre while staying in the other clans.

August 16, 2022 12:09 PM

There's no denying that this is perhaps the first ever atmospheric sludge metal release

Quoted Shadowdoom9 (Andi)

To be honest I don't hear any of the defining characteristics of Post-Metal here Andi. If you're talking about the ambient sections, I'd question why an ambient section makes something Post-Metal. Those parts don't have anything to do with metal. They're straight-up Ambient music. It'd be a NO from me if I could vote on this Hall entry (which is now up just quietly).

1. Phase I            Ambient/Sludge Metal

2. Phase II           Stenchcore

3. Phase III          Sludge Metal

4. Phase IV          Crust Punk

5. Phase V           Industrial Metal/Sludge Metal

6. Phase VI          Industrial

7. Phase VII         Industrial Metal

8. Phase VIII        Industrial Metal/Sludge Metal/Post-Punk/Ambient

August 25, 2022 01:49 AM

I get your point, Daniel. I guess I was so caught up in the ambient parts. I also agree that there's very little stenchcore in the release. As I said in my review, Inde$troy is essentially an 8-part ambient industrial sludge epic with barely any of their crust/grind roots. So I'd like to submit an additional judgement submission for Sore Throat's "Inde$troy" to be removed from stenchcore and The Pit while staying in the other clan(s).

September 04, 2022 05:50 AM

I've just added another Hall of Judgement entry to cover your last request Andi.

September 04, 2022 10:53 AM

Thanks, Daniel.