Treyarch Sound's "Call of Duty: Black Ops - Zombies Soundtrack" shouldn't qualify as metal

First Post June 10, 2022 07:26 AM

Treyarch Sound's "Call of Duty: Black Ops - Zombies Soundtrack" may have 3 or 4 metal tracks but that's hardly enough to make a 17 track album qualify as a metal release in my opinion. It's qualifications for The Gateway are even more hazy given that there's really only two tracks that fit under that clan's subgenres. The majority of the album is made up of purely electronic material, some dance music related & some ambient. Therefore I'd like to see this release removed from The Gateway & tagged as Non-Metal.

June 10, 2022 08:49 AM

If I had given this album a closer listen before, not just after, choosing this album as this month's Gateway feature release so I would remember more than just those metal tracks from all those years ago, I probably would chosen a different release. Memories can be tricky that way, huh? So I would have to agree with you on this one, Daniel, along with your submission for Code Orange's Underneath that offers far more than that band's earlier metalcore. We'll see the fate of those releases' clan positions in the Hall.