Converge & Chelsea Wolfe's "Bloodmoon: I" isn't Gothic Metal

First Post December 06, 2021 01:46 PM

People seem to associate Converge's brand new collaboration album with gothic metal because of Chelsea Wolfe and her usual goth sound and aesthetic, but to label this album gothic metal is quite a stretch in my opinion. Sure it sounds closer to gothic in some of the songs that have her vocals in front, but to my ears, the sound is mostly post-sludge, as evident in the mix of doomy pacing (among other speeds) and pummeling aggression in the guitar and Bannon's vocals, the aggression being prominent in the heavier tracks. So I'd like Converge & Chelsea Wolfe's "Bloodmoon: I" to be sent to the Hall to have the gothic metal tag removed while maintaining the atmospheric sludge metal tag and staying in The Fallen and The Infinite.

May 22, 2022 05:59 AM

This nomination has been posted in the Hall of Judgement.

January 01, 2024 12:43 AM

With a unanimous YES 5 NO 0 vote tally thus far, I've decided to pass this Hall of Judgement nomination as it's clear that it's only going one way & I completely agree with the consensus. The database has been changed to remove the Gothic Metal genre from the release.