Requests For Non-Metal Releases To Be Added To MA

October 09, 2023 08:52 AM

I'll always use the original cover for any release I'm adding to the site. While I understand your opinion, I refuse to censor the artwork here at Metal Academy.

Quoted Ben

Thanks for this, censoring of any art is awful. I mean, especially in metal, you start censoring a few covers, it's a slippery slope before there are hundreds of extreme metal covers that could be censored. Same goes for the musical content within. 

October 09, 2023 09:05 PM

I'll always use the original cover for any release I'm adding to the site. While I understand your opinion, I refuse to censor the artwork here at Metal Academy.

Quoted Ben

Thanks for this, censoring of any art is awful. I mean, especially in metal, you start censoring a few covers, it's a slippery slope before there are hundreds of extreme metal covers that could be censored. Same goes for the musical content within. 

Quoted SilentScream213

Now normally I'd suggest a content filter function for unregistered guests, but considering that this is a metal specific forum, I doubt many people under the age of 13 will show up.

October 09, 2023 11:21 PM

I think the content filter function is good just in case.

October 12, 2023 01:46 PM

Hi, Ben. As part of my side of the "Roots of Metal" project, there are a few albums that are often considered more hard rock than heavy metal, but they're a highly essential part of heavy metal's development and should be worth some discussion in this site. So can you please add the following:

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla

Rainbow - Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow

Scorpions - In Trance

Scorpions - Virgin Killer (PLEASE use the replacement album cover with all the band members in it, not the original, for the sake of decency and legality)

Quoted Shadowdoom9 (Andi)

Hi, Ben. I've concluded that of all these albums I've listened to and reviewed, only Judas Priest's Rocka Rolla is bluesy hard rock with barely any metal at all. The Rainbow and Scorpions albums I truly consider metal and I would like them added to the site please. Thanks!

PS: It's cool if you still want to use the original Virgin Killer album cover for its release page, but the replacement cover I'll use when discussing the album in forums.