The Dungeon Synth Thread

First Post March 04, 2023 01:44 AM

Let's be honest.  If you're a metalhead, you need to hear some dungeon synth.  Shame that many of the classic dungeon synth artists of the 90's ended up only doing a couple of albums, such as Secret Stairways, Jaaportit, Depressive Silence and Wongraven.  But the modern age has seen a drastic shift as the new classics are coming out with at least one a year.  Here are some modern acts to start you with:

Old sorcery (my favorite), Fogweaver, Mortiis, Alder Deep, Fief and Lord Lovidivus.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
March 04, 2023 03:41 AM

I'm sure the genre is not for all metalheads, but I'm certainly attracted to it, if only as background music. Thanks for the recommendations, as I haven't delved into it as much as I probably should have. Just listening to Old Sorcery now.

March 04, 2023 03:53 AM

I'm sure the genre is not for all metalheads, but I'm certainly attracted to it, if only as background music. Thanks for the recommendations, as I haven't delved into it as much as I probably should have. Just listening to Old Sorcery now.

Quoted Ben

Lemme know what you think when/if you feel like you've got a good amount of them down.