Notable Anniversary Chat

October 21, 2023 01:38 AM

If you're still into the doom/gothic metal zone, Rex, here's another album to check out on its anniversary:

And a few Infinite classics having their anniversaries today as well:

I really feel the need to check out that Kayo Dot album. It's quite tough to find nowadays, but I wanna hear the official beginning of Toby Driver's current project out of the ashes of his former band Maudlin of the Well.

January 25, 2024 01:03 AM

So today's my 25th birthday, and I thought this would be the perfect (and possibly only) chance for me to see if there are any releases that came out on the day I was born. Apparently, there's only one metal album released on that exact day:

Upon doing some research, I found out that Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus is a "Band that brought metal with Finnish lyrics to mainstream in their home country." It might be hard for me to listen to and review an album from a practically unknown band with lyrics of a different language, so I'll pass on that one.

February 24, 2024 03:25 PM

Wow, today is the 30th anniversary of Cradle of Filth's first and best album, The Principle of Evil Made Flesh, a record I have a soft spot for, as it was one of the first albums I got into upon my return to metal in the late 90's.

Also a shout-out to the woefully ignored, The Wounded Kings, whose terrific doom album, Consolamentum, is ten years old today.