Unpopular Metal Opinions

July 17, 2021 06:13 PM

To be fair, Saxon wouldn’t even come close to the top five of heavy metal in terms of popularity. Probably not even the top ten. The top three bands are obvious in Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath & Judas Priest. There’s probably a case for Metallica & Megadeth to be included somewhere given the huge success of their more traditional heavy metal outings but for the sake of this argument let’s exclude them. In that case, Motörhead & Ozzy Osbourne would round out a Big Five of heavy metal pretty clearly in my opinion.

Of the bands you mentioned, I would suggest that Accept are easily more popular than Saxon & would likely push for inclusion in the remainder of the top ten along with Dio, Queensryche, King Diamond, Avenged Sevenfold, WASP, Manowar, Venom, Mercyful Fate, etc.

July 18, 2021 07:58 AM

For the record Andi, the ability to add a fifth clan is not something we're likely to consider as the more clans you give people access to the less powerful the whole clan arrangement becomes. We really only want people to be a part of clans that they have a strong passion for in order to ensure that the clan ratings are as reflective of the associated fanbase's opinions as possible.

September 26, 2021 10:37 AM
I have an opinion that's a little similar to Daniel's in a recent Twitter post but with a different band; I believe Accept made their true comeback to perfection with the albums The Rise of Chaos and Too Mean to Die despite founding bassist Peter Baltes leaving the band sometime between those two albums. Their two best since their 1982-1985 trilogy!