Serious Question About the Art

First Post March 03, 2023 07:53 PM

I was wondering if I could make some promotional posters for this site, and use the logo and the clan symbols?  Obviously I'm not selling this shit, as it ain't my right, but as a deviant specializing in graphic design, I love the clan symbols and logo, and would like to help promote it in my own special way.  I mean, the truth is that this poace hasn't become much more active since I joined, and this site has some potential to be one of the best metal-based websites out there.  And since I've been terminally bored recently, I want to try some new stuff for my art.

March 04, 2023 02:43 AM

That would be quite interesting, Rex! I look forward to seeing your promotional posters. Let's see what Ben and Daniel think of that idea first.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
March 04, 2023 05:12 AM

Given how difficult it has been to attract a larger audience to the site (which I genuinely believe it deserves), I can't say I'd oppose anyone wanting to advertise its existence. That said, I'm very particular when it comes to the branding of Metal Academy. I worked with a fantastic artist in the Ukraine to get the exact feel and visual style that I wanted. So yes, feel free to use the logo and clan images, but I do need to ask that you include the following in fine print.

"This content is inspired by, yet not officially connected to, the Metal Academy website. Logo and clan images used with permission."

Please don't take this as me not being appreciative of any efforts you make to spread the word. It just feels like a good precedent to set.

March 04, 2023 05:14 AM

Given how difficult it has been to attract a larger audience to the site (which I genuinely believe it deserves), I can't say I'd oppose anyone wanting to advertise its existence. That said, I'm very particular when it comes to the branding of Metal Academy. I worked with a fantastic artist in the Ukraine to get the exact feel and visual style that I wanted. So yes, feel free to use the logo and clan images, but I do need to ask that you include the following in fine print.

"This content is inspired by, yet not officially connected to, the Metal Academy website. Logo and clan images used with permission."

Please don't take this as me not being appreciative of any efforts you make to spread the word. It just feels like a good precedent to set.

Quoted Ben

Do I use that in the actual pictures themselves or in the comments when I upload them to social media?

March 04, 2023 09:50 AM

I think in the actual pictures would be better, but then again it's quite a lot to write and it would make the fine print too small to read, unless you make the posters in a large size.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
March 04, 2023 09:10 PM

As long as it's clearly stated, I'm not going to be pedantic about how or where. I understand that including the text in the image itself might be too intrusive. In the description if there is one, or as a directly associated comment etc. is fine.

March 04, 2023 09:12 PM

As long as it's clearly stated, I'm not going to be pedantic about how or where. I understand that including the text in the image itself might be too intrusive. In the description if there is one, or as a directly associated comment etc. is fine.

Quoted Ben

Thanks for explaining.  Btw, I've got the outline for the first pic half done.  I'm gonna do one for each clan first in order of their appearance on the clans section of MA, so the first to get a poster is The Fallen.