September 2021 "The Sphere" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post August 31, 2021 08:56 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/45Xj4PCyW3LavsE8NMtncN?si=bf71dbbead2d4455

Tracklisting:

01. Mnemic – “Deathbox” (from “The Audio Injected Soul”, 2004)

02. Master Boot Record – Smartdrv.exe“” (from “Floppy Disk Overdrive”, 2020)

03. Lindemann – “Blut” (from “F & M”, 2019)

04. Uniform & The Body – “Day Of Atonement” (from “Everything That Dies Someday Comes Back”, 2019)

05. 2wo – “My Ceiling’s Low” (from “Voyeurs”, 1998)

06. Rob Zombie – “Shadow Of The Cemetery Man” (from “The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy”, 2021)

07. Dodheimsgard – “Shiva-Interfere” (from “666 International”, 1999)

08. 16volt – “And I Go” (from “SuperCoolNothing”, 1998)

09. Combichrist – “Maggots At The Party” (from “We Love You”, 2014)

10. Pain – “On & On” (from “Rebirth”, 1999)

11. Static-X – “Worth Dyin’ For” (from “Project Regeneration, Vol. 1, 2020)

12. KMFDM – “Hau Ruck” (from “Hau Ruck”, 2005)

13. Godflesh – “Shut Me Down” (from “A World Lit Only By Fire”, 2014) [Submitted by Vinny]

14. Sybreed – “Ego Bypass Generator” (from “Antares”, 2007)

15. Corrections House – “Crossing My One Good Finger” (from “Know How To Carry A Whip”, 2015)

16. Turmion Kätilöt – “Verta ja lihaa” (from “Hoitovirhe”, 2004)

17. Samael – “Exodus” (from “Exodus” E.P., 1998)

18. Dagoba – “Maniak” (from “Dagoba”, 2003)

19. Ministry – “Burning Inside” (from “The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste”, 1989) [Submitted by Daniel]

20. Autarkh – “Introspectrum” (from “Form In Motion”, 2021)

21. Fear Factory – “Manufactured Hope” (from “Aggression Continuum”, 2021)

22. Oomph! – “Born – Praised - Kissed” (from “Wunschkind”, 1996)

23. Author & Punisher – “The Barge” (from “Melk en Honing”, 2015)

24. Strapping Young Lad – “Skeksis” (from “Alien”, 2005)

25. Black Magnet – “Punishment Map” (from “Hallucination Scene”, 2020)

26. DEAFBRICK – “Máquina obssessivo-compulsiva” (from “Deafbrick”, 2020)

September 01, 2021 12:10 PM

My thoughts on some tracks:

Godflesh – “Shut Me Down” (from “A World Lit Only By Fire”, 2014)

4.5/5. A killer djent-tuned industrial track with a heavy crushing groove. There's still hope in Godflesh after their decade-long hiatus!

Samael – “Exodus” (from “Exodus” E.P., 1998)

5/5. Another special delivery of industrial black metal greatness! This one is probably my favorite album in my Samael journey so far. The band probably deserves some radio play after moving away from the pure black metal last heard in 1994. A bit old yet still good! In fact, the long-time generation might feel fabulous nostalgia. What a pleasant surprise for me that opened the gates of industrial metal interest even further. My strong mind power will never make me look back...

Dagoba – “Maniak” (from “Dagoba”, 2003)

4/5. This isn't really the best industrial metal for me to expect, but these guys have quite the guts to go so heavy. The last screaming part would definitely cause a mosh pit that would tear down the venue.

Ministry – “Burning Inside” (from “The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste”, 1989)

4.5/5. This one, from July's feature release that later played a part in my Sphere DIS vs DAT thread, kicks in a propulsive beat and repetitive guitar to keep you awake. This pounding tune is helped out by the vocals. When I wrote the original review after waking up in the morning, this song fired me up way more than coffee!

Strapping Young Lad – “Skeksis” (from “Alien”, 2005)

5/5. This brutal highlight is where you can hear Gene Hoglan's amazing drumming that might've inspired the more metal side of Protest the Hero. The drumming is filled with punishment, no remorse. Finally, the vocals kick in that are amazing as always, along with fast riffs and neat keyboards all over.

September 02, 2021 08:30 PM

Still my most challenging clan to try and find consistent material in, I feel The Sphere and I are on ever destined for a distant relationship.  That having been said I did really enjoy SYL and Corrections House.  I also got on better than expected with Samael.

Standout of the list for me was the superb Author & Punisher with Barge from the exceptional Melk En Honing release.