Metal Academy Radio Playlist Suggestions - The Sphere Edition

First Post August 24, 2020 04:26 AM

So I'm sure you're probably aware that we've been trialing a new concept through our Metal Academy Radio Spotify playlists recently, right? Well some of our regular contributors & I have been discussing the idea of our clan members making a contribution to the monthly playlists by making recommendations on tracks for inclusion. To make it a true playlist, we'd encourage you to stick predominantly to your favourite tracks from releases you listen to across the course of each month rather than something you enjoyed some time ago as this will make the tracklistings somewhat of a reflection of our member's current playlists which was always our long-term intention. It can be new, old, classic or underground... whatever you happen to be digging at the time as long as it fits in with the clan's designated subgenres. At this stage we're going with a policy of only members of the associated clan being eligible to make submissions for the relevant playlists so that they're a truly clan-based undertaking.

So please treat this thread as your opportunity to contribute guys. We need to make sure that these playlists offer a broad cross-section of the clan's musical footprint so we can't promise that everything will make the final cut but let's see what ya got!

September 01, 2020 09:10 AM

Chris Van Etten, have you got any track suggestions for inclusion in the September The Sphere Playlist?

September 11, 2020 02:28 AM

Hey hey, been a little off the grid lately. I’ll drop in this weekend when I have a bit more time, I have a few things in mind...

September 15, 2020 02:15 AM

Gonna drop a couple of suggestions, even though I’m too late for September maybe these will work for October: “Age of Greed” by Killing Joke and “Verklempt” by Foetus. The KJ track is off of Exremities, Dirt and Various Repressed Emotions as well as the Laugh? I Nearly Bought One! compilation. I think Extremities is the first record they did which could reasonably be called metal. Most of the Foetus material is NOT metal, but this particular track (and the GASH LP it comes from) comes close enough, I like it anyway. 

September 15, 2020 04:19 AM

Excellent. I'll add them to the list for consideration. :)

September 24, 2020 01:07 AM

Final call for submissions for the October "The Sphere" playlist....

September 27, 2020 01:20 AM

Gonna drop a couple of suggestions, even though I’m too late for September maybe these will work for October: “Age of Greed” by Killing Joke and “Verklempt” by Foetus. The KJ track is off of Exremities, Dirt and Various Repressed Emotions as well as the Laugh? I Nearly Bought One! compilation. I think Extremities is the first record they did which could reasonably be called metal. Most of the Foetus material is NOT metal, but this particular track (and the GASH LP it comes from) comes close enough, I like it anyway. 

Quoted Chris Van Etten

Chris, I've given those two tracks a spin this morning. I agree with you that the Foetus track is metal enough to warrant inclusion & have added it to the list. The Killing Joke one, on the other hand, doesn't quite get there in my opinion so I've opted against including it. I might choose another Killing Joke track that's a little more metal instead.

October 11, 2020 11:20 PM

Please get your submissions in by 15th October if you want them considered for inclusion in the November playlist (maximum three each). And remember, there are three subgenres covered by The Sphere:

Industrial metal

Neue Deutsche Härte

Cyber metal

October 14, 2020 07:02 PM

For this month, how about:

Havoc Unit  - “Klan Korps -Volkssturm & Erregung” (or something else from “h.IV+“)

1000 Homo DJs - “Better Ways” (love this track, but I’ll let you be the judge if it’s Industrial Metal or just Industrial)

Godflesh - “Circle of Shit” (if there’s gonna be an obligatory GF track, I vote  this for November)

cheers

October 16, 2020 12:32 AM
Thanks a lot Chris. All of those releases qualify for inclusion in The Sphere so I'll include them all for November.
April 01, 2021 07:55 PM

This month's criteria for The Sphere playlist submissions is as follows: 30 min each clan member, no track limits, one track for non-clan members

April 02, 2021 10:31 AM

For May - 

Author & Punisher - Pressure Lover from Pressure Mine EP (2017)

May 03, 2021 01:42 PM

My suggestion for June:

Fear Factory - Pisschrist from Demanufacture (1995)

May 07, 2021 02:41 PM

June:-

Circle of Dust - Contagion from Machines of Our Disgrace (2016)

June 12, 2021 03:53 PM

July

Neurotech - Nonexistent from Antagonist (2011)

July 05, 2021 04:13 PM

August

1,000 Homo DJs - Supernaut from Supernaut (1990)

July 11, 2021 02:47 PM

Suggestion for August:

Yerûšelem - Triiiunity from The Sublime (2019)

August 02, 2021 06:34 PM

September

Godflesh - Shut Me Down from A World Lit Only By Fire (2014)

September 02, 2021 08:32 PM

October

Lord of the Lost - Loreley from Thornstar (2018)

November 03, 2021 11:47 AM

Here's my submission for the November playlist:

Godflesh - "Wounds" (from "Godflesh" E.P., 1988)

November 04, 2021 06:43 AM

Here's my submission for December:

Author & Punisher - "The Speakers Are Systematically Blown" (from Beastland, 2018)

November 30, 2021 09:27 PM

Andrew Hulshult - "DUSK" (from "DUSK (Original Game Soundtrack", 2018)

December 01, 2021 03:54 PM

My suggestion for January:

Borgne - To Cut the Flesh and Feel Nothing but Stillness (5:50) from Temps Mortes (2021)

And if you need any more to lighten the load Daniel:

Yerûšelem - Eternal (5:15) from "The Sublime" (2019)

Master Boot Record - Virdem (3:21) from Virus.DOS (2018)

Phobonoid - Omega (2:50) from Orbita (2014)

December 02, 2021 09:31 PM

For January:

Kill the Thrill - "Soave" (from Tellurique, 2005)