Requests for The Sphere Releases / Bands to be added to Metal Academy

First Post November 26, 2019 09:04 PM

Hope I'm not being too cheeky in starting this one, couldn't see such a thread for The Sphere yet.

Anywho, I'd like to request the addition of Scum of the Earth.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
November 26, 2019 11:33 PM

Nothing cheeky about it. I'm happy that someone has finally requested a release for this clan!

December 28, 2020 06:05 PM

Cleaning out my ratings for the new year, could we please add:

Blue Stahli

April 01, 2021 05:01 PM

Could Blue Stahli's 2021 album be added please, thank you.

August 18, 2022 12:35 AM

Ben, please add Trust Obey.

October 23, 2022 05:53 AM

Ben, please add these new albums:

Architects - Classic Symptoms of a Broken Spirit

Gothminister - The Other Side

Gothminister - Pandemonium

Psyclon Nine - Less to Heaven

November 26, 2022 11:59 PM

Ben, please the new Fear Factory remix album Recoded.

December 11, 2022 11:00 PM

I'm doing some cleanup for the end of the year, thanks Ben!

Final Light - Final Light 

The Algorithm - Data Renaissance

Ben
Ben
December 12, 2022 12:21 AM

Hi Xephyr... The Algorithm's Data Renaissance release is considered a purely Darksynth release on RYM. I can add it as Non-Genre if you plan to add it to the Hall of Judgement.

December 12, 2022 12:46 AM

I see Darksynth, Electronic, and Djent as main genres and a Cyber Metal subgenre on RYM, unless you use another way to determine it. If Polymorphic Code and Compiler Optimization Techniques are considered to have Djent as a main genre then I'm not sure why Data Renaissance cannot as well. Which I now realize is The Infinite and not The Sphere, which is probably another issue as these albums definitely have a Cyber Metal component to them due to all the electronics. 

Ben
Ben
December 12, 2022 05:08 AM

I see Darksynth, Electronic, and Djent as main genres and a Cyber Metal subgenre on RYM, unless you use another way to determine it. If Polymorphic Code and Compiler Optimization Techniques are considered to have Djent as a main genre then I'm not sure why Data Renaissance cannot as well. Which I now realize is The Infinite and not The Sphere, which is probably another issue as these albums definitely have a Cyber Metal component to them due to all the electronics. 

Quoted Xephyr

We use a 50% rule when looking at genres on RYM, meaning the amount of No votes for a release cannot be over 50% of the Yes votes (unless there is only one primary genre selected, in which case it's accepted). So in the case of Data Renaissance, Djent is currently 6 Yes and 5 No. Since No is well over 50% of the Yes votes, it's discounted. Note that Electronic is 5 Yes and 4 No, making Darksynth the only Metal Academy acknowledged primary genre for the album.

This system has really helped to remove a LOT of the dubious genre selections on RYM, particularly releases that have 200 Yes to 180 No for any given genre. I'm always happy to adjust a release's genre(s) over time without needing to go through the Hall if things change dramatically on RYM. So if in 6 months time, Djent is upvoted to 20 Yes and 8 No, I'll just change it. Otherwise I can add it as Non-Metal and it can be added to the Hall for judgement.

I note that both the secondary genres for the release are metal (Djent is 6 to 1and Cyber Metal is 7 to 2), so it seems a lot of voters are not hearing metal when they listen to it.

January 09, 2023 09:18 AM
Ben, please add Omega Lithium.
May 21, 2023 08:00 AM

Ben, please add the new Deathstars album Everything Destroys You.

June 09, 2023 08:57 AM

Ben, please add Skynd.

June 19, 2023 11:49 PM

Ben, please add the New Godflesh album Purge.

March 03, 2024 02:33 AM

Ben, please add AP2 (one-off reformed industrial metal incarnation of industrial rock band Argyle Park).