Make a recommendation to a fellow member of The Sphere

First Post November 25, 2019 06:59 AM

If you think one of your clan-mates might really dig something you can make a recommendation to them here.

June 10, 2020 07:36 AM

Ministry - "ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ [Psalm 69]" (1992)

Can I assume you're already all over this one Chris Van Etten?

June 13, 2020 02:49 AM

You assumed correctly! I’m a big fan of the classic three Ministry LPs (Land of Rape and Honey, Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, and this).  Since we’re on the topic of recommendations, anyone who digs this record should check out the Jesus Built My Hotrod 12”.  The 8-minute version of Jesus is uniquely epic, and makes listening to the shorter LP version a bit frustrating in comparison. The original version of TVII is on here as well, and it’s a lot more raw. I LOVE the drums on this fucker.

September 14, 2020 01:18 AM

So I was trying to think of something I could bring to the table that wasn't already well recognized, and I remembered DATACLAST from New Jersey. They were a two-piece, all electronics/no guitars, and I'm pretty sure they got their name from the Assuck song. I first heard them on the Short, Fast and Loud vol. 1 comp (based on the zine of the same name) that came out in 2001. I wanted to get more by them, but I don't think they had anything of their own available. Ultimately, they only released a split CD with The Earwigs and a split 7" ep with Pantalones Abajo Marinero, as  well as a few comp appearances.  One of these comps - "The Day the Machines Took Over the World" is on Spotify and also features Agoraphobic Nosebleed and a bunch of other drum machine powered acts - definitely worth checking out.  Now, technically this is grindcore, but since it's 100% electronic I think it fits in the Sphere as well as the Horde.  I think this band could have done a cool LP if they had stuck it out a little longer. The link below is for their side of the split 7." I think I might like their tracks from the Earwigs split a little better, but I could only find links to individual tracks, and this is more comprehensive. However, if you like this you'll probably dig the other stuff as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogzJF3akXsA

September 14, 2020 09:14 PM

Hmmm.... interesting. I just checked out the Dataclast tracks on the "The Day The Machines Took Over The World" compilation &  I'd actually suggest that they're a pretty good example of a subgenre known as cybergrind which resides in our The Horde clan. I've included a few cybergrind tracks in the August & September Metal Academy Radio "The Horde" Spotify Playlists so if you dig that sound then you might wanna check those out.

December 20, 2020 07:31 PM

Ben, you absolutely must have this release in your life.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
December 20, 2020 08:59 PM

I already do. I listen to game soundtracks all the time. In fact, my most played release of 2020 according to Spotify was the Borderlands 3 soundtrack. So good!

January 12, 2021 02:35 AM

Uniform - "Shame" (2020)

Chris Van Etten, I think you'll dig this one.

March 05, 2021 09:19 PM

Ben & Chris, you're both gonna love this one.

March 25, 2021 12:21 PM

Hey there, Jobro! Seeing your great rating for Godflesh's Streetcleaner (4.5 stars), I don't think you'll have a problem listening to another one of their classics, Selfless. Please, give this album a listen and rating, maybe even a review if you'd like to share what you think of it. (could be your first review here!)

April 03, 2021 05:05 AM

God - "The Anatomy Of Addiction" (1994)

Chris van Etten, I think this one'll be right up your alley mate.

December 05, 2022 12:35 PM

Daniel, I'm glad you enjoy Mnemic's debut Mechanical Spin Phenomena. I've started a listening/reviewing marathon for the band's discography, and while the debut is indeed an underrated start of a journey for the band and their listeners, it's their second album The Audio Injected Soul where the band perfected their modern futuristic metal style. I'm sure you can find a great kick of enjoyment out of this one: