February 2024 Feature Release - The Revolution Edition

First Post February 01, 2024 12:50 AM

So just like that we find that a new month is upon us which of course means that we’ll be nominating a brand new monthly feature release for each clan. This essentially means that we’re asking you to rate, review & discuss our chosen features for no other reason than because we enjoy the process & banter. We’re really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on our chosen releases so don’t be shy.

This month's feature release for The Revolution, nominated by me (Shadowdoom9 (Andi)), is the 2008 debut album by Michigan-based metalcore band For the Fallen Dreams, Changes. This is one of my favorite metalcore debut albums, and it shows the band's blend of melody and heaviness at its perfect height. For the Fallen Dreams had made it big in the late 2000s, but hadn't really gotten its well-deserved attention in websites like this one. So it's time to make that change (no pun intended, maybe)!

https://metal.academy/releases/31112

February 07, 2024 09:16 AM

I've done my review, here's its summary:

This perfectly equal blend of melodies, riffs, and breakdowns is what makes this underrated band so unique. The breakdowns are made beyond imagination and they would make you get on your knees and beg for more. You'll find a lot of this awesomeness if you give the album a go. The wonderous melodies and riffs would guide you through, and the brutal breakdowns touch down hard and pummeling. The lyrics are so positive and mature, and they detail a revolutionary war in a story throughout the album. I could probably write a novel based on that. This band and album was missing in my life until last year, and I would love to continue listening to Changes any time. A true masterpiece in my ongoing metalcore quest!

5/5

Recommended tracks: "New Beginnings", "Last Dying Breath", "Never Again", "Vengeance", "Through the Looking Glass"

For fans of: August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, Crystal Lake