October 2023 "The Revolution" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post October 01, 2023 02:12 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1yFgscg5HWKGoIy2s0xRfG

Tracklisting:

1. Crossfaith – "Xeno" (from XENO)

2. Earth Crisis – "All Out War" (from All Out War)

3. Electric Callboy – "Parasite" (from TEKKNO)

4. Enda Vinera – "Unholy Incarnate" (from Unholy Incarnate)

5. Miss May I – "Under Fire" (from Shadows Inside)

6. Parkway Drive – "Atlas" (from Atlas)

7. Trivium – "Beauty in the Sorrow" (from The Sin and the Sentence)

8. As They Burn – "City Ov Pyramids" (from Aeon's War)

9. Strawberry Hospital – "Tacit" (from Phantasmaphilia)

10. Counterparts – "Only Anchors" (from Prophets)

11. Volumes – "Limitless" (from Via)

12. Vulvodynia – "Lord of Plagues" (from Lord of Plagues)

13. Blood Youth – "Something to Numb the Pain" (from Visions of Another Hell)

14. Premonitions of War – "Black Den" (from Left in Kowloon)

15. Full Blown Chaos – "Heavy Lies the Crown" (from Heavy Lies the Crown)

16. Unearth – "This Glorious Nightmare" (from III: In the Eyes of Fire)

17. Darknet – "-(Matter)" (from Self-Titled)

18. Crawlspace – "Haunted" (from Enter the Realm of Chaos)

19. Lamb of God – "Black Label" (from New American Gospel)

20. Bad Omens – "F E R A L" (from Bad Omens)

October 04, 2023 10:41 AM

Thank you once again Saxy for taking my place in assembling the Revolution playlists when I was having my break. Here are my thoughts on some tracks:

Crossfaith – "Xeno" (from XENO)

5/5. What a way to start this playlist, with an epic masterpiece of a trance-metalcore song!

Earth Crisis – "All Out War" (from All Out War)

4.5/5. The title opener of Earth Crisis first EP stands against its sloppy production and comes close to surpassing "Firestorm" as the band's best classic track.

Electric Callboy – "Parasite" (from TEKKNO)

4/5. My brother likes this track, and I like it too. However, the only problem is, the clean singing isn't that fun and instead rather unfocused.

Enda Vinera – "Unholy Incarnate" (from Unholy Incarnate)

4.5/5. I can understand people think this band is a Lorna Shore copy because of their "Death's Calling" single. However, "Unholy Incarnate" makes the similarities much less obvious, and even adding different aspects like clean singing in the chorus. Don't just stand there, get this epic extreme single NOW!!!

Miss May I – "Under Fire" (from Shadows Inside)

5/5. Metalcore is a genre that may sound cliche at first, but as you give it some chance, you end up loving that genre. That's what happened when I first got into metalcore, but I didn't actually get interested in Miss May I until 5 years later. Anyway, this is one of the best songs by this band with lots of beauty and chaos, and the chorus reminding me of Killswitch Engage. Miss May I have been standing strong since their debut Apologies are for the Weak. I heard that the intro and verses sound identical to Metallica's "Moth Into Flame", but personally I think they sound closer to the band Like Moths to Flames.

Parkway Drive – "Atlas" (from Atlas)

4.5/5. This one is more progressive, having the classical vibe of acoustic guitar over orchestral background.

Trivium – "Beauty in the Sorrow" (from The Sin and the Sentence)

4/5. This is another mid-tempo song but still has a good balance between heaviness and melody.

Premonitions of War – "Black Den" (from Left in Kowloon)

4.5/5. Then we have the second longest track of the playlist, taking the brutal sludge of the first two Isis albums.

Full Blown Chaos – "Heavy Lies the Crown" (from Heavy Lies the Crown)

4/5. An underrated song for metalcore fans to like. The lyrics sound great, and the music is different from what more modern metalcore bands have nowadays. I'm really getting some As Blood Runs Black and Hatebreed vibes from this. The breakdown at the 3-minute mark is f***ing sick!

Unearth – "This Glorious Nightmare" (from III: In the Eyes of Fire)

3.5/5. An aptly-titled song that's a little weaker than the other songs and should've been placed at the end of the playlist.

Lamb of God – "Black Label" (from New American Gospel)

4/5. OK, this is an interesting track to add here because I submitted it as an earlier Revolution playlist suggestion, back when Daniel was doing these playlists. He told me that he was gonna add that track to that month's Pit playlist and it fits much better there, so I had to replace that submission with a different one. I think that was the right call, because Lamb of God is never really a metalcore band. Anyway, enjoy this raw groove metal hellfire!

Bad Omens – "F E R A L" (from Bad Omens)

3.5/5. Now this one has potential to be in a soundtrack for a movie similar to Queen of the Damned. A nice way to end this playlist. Not a complete run-through of this playlist but I'm satisfied all the same.