February 2020 Feature Release - The Pit Edition

First Post January 31, 2020 08:29 PM

It's now February which of course means that we'll be nominating a brand new monthly feature release for each clan. This essentially means that we're asking you to rate, review & discuss our chosen features for no other reason than because we enjoy the process & banter. Ben & I will certainly be contributing & we look forward to hearing your thoughts too.     

This month's feature release for The Pit is 1992's classic sixth album from Texan groove metal legends Pantera entitled "Vulgar Display Of Power". This album is reputed to be the perfect representation of the groove metal sound & (for better or worse) influenced thousands of copy-cat acts around the globe. It catapulted Pantera onto the global stage & made them household names for an entire generation. But does "Vulgar Display Of Power" hold up today? We'd like to hear what YOU think of it?

May 11, 2020 06:47 AM

I've just posted one of my longest & most details reviews on this one. I just had so much to say once I got writing. I think it's because this record came at such an important time in my formative years. Groove metal isn't really my preferred style but it's a great record nonetheless. Dimebag is puts in an almost god-like performance & the rhythm section & production are outstanding too.

https://metal.academy/reviews/16628/2876

4/5