January 2024 - "The Pit" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post December 31, 2023 09:37 AM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/083tGvGRuasSsmN8d3Nyww?si=e2ff43f4c5a84f6f

1. Sarcófago – “Third Slaughter – 2nd Version” (from “Die Hard”, 2015) [Submitted by Daniel]

2. Sepultura – “R.I.P. (Rest in Pain)” (from “Schizophrenia”, 1987) [Submitted by Vinny]

3. Necrodeath – “Necrosadist” (from “Into the Macabre”, 1987) [Submitted by Sonny]

4. Epidemic – “Vision Divine” (from “Decameron”, 1992)

5. Deceased… – “Graphic Repulsion” (from “Fearless Undead Machines”, 1997) [Submitted by Daniel]

6. Dead Head – “Angel Heart” (from “Dream Deceiver”, 2017)

7. Mekong Delta– “The Final Deluge” (from “The Music of Erich Zann”, 1988) [Submitted by Sonny]

8. Droid – “Amorphous Forms (Shapeless Shadows)” (from “Terrestrial Mutations”, 2017)

9. Suicidal Tendencies – “Disco’s Out, Murder’s In” (from “Lights…Camera…Revolution”, 1990) [Submitted by Daniel]

10. Power Trip – “Firing Squad” (from “Nightmare Logic”, 2017) [Submitted by Sonny]

11. Toxic Wine – “Opresion masiva” (from “No hay lugar para los débiles”, 2016) [Submitted by Sonny]

12. Ratos de Porão – “Amazônia Nunca Mais” (from “Brasil”, 1989) [Submitted by Sonny]

13. Piraña – “God Killer” (from “Destructive Animal Revolution”, 2008)

14. Leather Brigade – “I Am the Night” (from “Pray to the Knife”, 2023) [Submitted by Vinny]

15. Diabolic Night – “Unleash the Abyss” (from “Sepulchral Magic”, 2014)

16. Malokarpatan – “Kočár postupuje temnomodrými dálavami na juhozápad” (from “Vertumnus Caesar”, 2023) [Submitted by Daniel]

17. Mayhem (US) – “Defy Your Master” (from “Burned Alive”, 1987)

18. Void – “Silent Onslaught” (from “Silent Onslaught”, 2023)

19. Torture – “Ignominous Slaughter” (from “Storm Alert”, 1989) [Submitted by Vinny]

20. Demolition Hammer – “Carnivorous Obsession” (from “Epidemic of Violence”, 1992) [Submitted by Vinny]

21. Thrashback – “Endless War” (from “Night of the Sacrifice”, 2015)

22. Legion of the Damned – “Beheading of the Godhead” (from “The Poison Chalice”, 2023)

23. Invocator – “Breed of Sin” (from “Weave the Apocalypse”, 1993)

24. Chimaira– “Pure Hatred” (from “The Impossibility of Reason”, 2003)

25. Machine Head – “In the Presence of My Enemies” (from “Through the Ashes of Empires”, 2003) [Submitted by Sonny]

26. Witchaven – “Unholy Copulation” (from “Terrorstorm”, 2010)

27. Darkthrone – “Snowfall” (from “Frostland Tapes”, 2008) [Submitted by Daniel]

January 07, 2024 02:49 PM

Some really nice, raw-sounding shit this month Vinny, especially the first tree tracks and, of course, Darkthrone's glorious closer. Others that caught my ear were Epidemic, Droid, Diabolic Night, Torture and Legion of the Damned. Honourable mentions go to Malokarpatan, Thrashback and Witchaven. Suicidal Tendencies was really the only one I couldn't muster any enthusiasm for - I have always preferred the hardcore punk of their debut to any of their metal offerings. Nice list again Vinny, thanks mate!

January 07, 2024 07:16 PM

Suicidal Tendencies was really the only one I couldn't muster any enthusiasm for - I have always preferred the hardcore punk of their debut to any of their metal offerings.

Quoted Sonny

I have to admit that I've struggled with my revisits to Suicidal Tendencies' 1987-1990 metal albums this year with "Lights Camera Revolution" being the only one I can tolerate these days & even then I don't genuinely "love" it. "Disco's Out, Murder's In" is one of the rare tracks that I really dig though as it's thrashy & energetic as fuck.