December 2021 "The Pit" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post November 30, 2021 08:15 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/083tGvGRuasSsmN8d3Nyww?si=5ee5dc1a32484d38

Tracklisting:

01. High Command – “Devoid of Reality” (from “Beyond the Wall of Desolation”, 2019) [Submitted by Vinny]

02. Artillery – “Khomaniac” (from “Deadly Relics”, 1998) [Submitted by Daniel]

03. Mortal Vision – “Devastated Existence” (from “Mind Manipulation”, 2021)

04. Demolition Hammer – “Neanderthal” (from “Tortured Existence”, 1990) [Submitted by Daniel]

05. Tankard – “The Morning After” (from “The Morning After”, 1988)

06. Cerebral Fix – “Descent Into the Unconsciousness” (from “Bastards”, 1991)

07. Harlott – “As We Breach” (from “Detritus Of the Final Age”, 2020)

08. Xentrix – “Balance of Power” (from “Shattered Existence”, 1989) [Submitted by Sonny]

09. Korzus – “Truth” (from “Discipline of Hate”, 2010) [Submitted by Daniel]

10. Toxikull – “Cursed and Punished (from “Cursed and Punished”, 2010)

11. Knife – “Behold the Horse of War” (from “Knife”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

12. Sacrifice – “Burned at the Stake” (from “Torment in Fire”, 1986) [Submitted by Sonny]

13. Carnivore – “Predator” (from “Carnivore”, 1985) [Submitted by Daniel]

14. Bezerker – “Take All” (from “Lost:Remastered”, 1990)

15. Dungeon Crawl – “Draconic Cremation” (from “Roll for Your Life”, 2021)

16. Slayer – “Disciple” (from “God Hates Us All”, 2001) [Submitted by Daniel]

17. Mantic Ritual – “Crusader” (from “Crusader”, 2022) [Submitted by Vinny]

18. Messiah – “Akasha Chronicle” (from “Choir of Horrors”, 1991) [Submitted by Sonny]

19. Infant Death – “Subhuman Elimination” (from “Violent Rites”, 2016) [Submitted by Vinny]

20. Mutilator – “Paranoic Command” (from “Immortal Force”, 1987) [Submitted by Sonny]

21. Prong – “Revenge…Served Cold” (from “Carved Into Stone”, 2012) [Submitted by Vinny]

22. Machine Head – “Death Church” (from “Burn My Eyes”, 1994)

23. Equinox – “Auf Wiedersehen” (from “Auf Wiedersehen”, 1989)

24. Scarecrow – “Raise the Death’s Head” (from “Raise the Death’s Head”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

25. Bulldozer – “Endless Funeral” (from “The Day of Wrath”, 1985) [Submitted by Daniel]

December 13, 2021 10:25 PM

Pulling together this month's playlist saw me doing a lot of proof-listening of it whilst I was working out in a morning and so it took on a rather aggressive flow to suit the mood as I fucking hate doing workouts but I ain't getting any younger but I am getting fatter.

First up, I struggled massively with where to place that Bulldozer track that Daniel submitted.  It was too lacklustre to open the playlist and would take a lot of momentum out of the list if placed midway through so in the end the only logical place for it was at the end.

With Sonny and Daniel covering off the classics with Demolition Hammer, Messiah, Carnivore, Mutilator, Artillery and Sacrifice getting nominated by them both I was able to build around these choices nicely and bring in the likes of Tankard and Cerebral Fix to continue this old-school vibe.  My personal finds on the list are Scarecrow, Mortal Vision and Knife.  All three associated releases are on rotation currently.

I am still learning the sub-genres of crossover thrash, speed metal and groove metal but was really surprised to hear how much I liked the Prong track as normally I cannot get along with the vocals.  In the end I went obvious perhaps with Machine Head for one of the groove metal tracks but I do still have a massive soft spot for Burn My Eyes.

December 14, 2021 03:07 AM

Forgot my flash drive for work today so I had to make due with only 3 locally saved albums and a whole lotta Spotify ads. I threw this one on and had a pretty good time, getting about halfway through it on shuffle due to not having Spotify Premium. I was surprised by the Prong track too, pretty killer. The "Khomaniac" version doesn't have quite the same effect as the By Inheritance version, but it's the best Spotify can do I guess. Toxicull and Tankard jumped out at me for bands I didn't know existed, so good stuff this month Vinny.

December 26, 2021 03:38 PM

Pretty solid playlist this month. Some nice discoveries - I really dug the Scarecrow track, Korzus, High Command and Mortal Vision were great too. Obviously it's always good to hear the classics: Demolition Hammer, Xentrix, Messiah, Slayer and Mutilator are always welcome. I obviously didn't like the Prong track as much as the rest of you guys and the one-two of Carnivore and Bezerker tested my patience a little. Plenty to enjoy though and a great way to spend a couple of hours - nice one Vinny!