July 2021 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post June 30, 2021 08:42 PM

Tracklisting:

01. Nattverd – “Det bloer paa alt som spirer” (from “Vandring”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]
02. Imperium Dekadenz – “Nebelbrandung” (from “Dämmerung der Szenarien”, 2007) [Submitted by Vinny]
03. Vreid – “Shadowland” (from “Wild North West”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]
04. Skyclad – “Land Of The Rising Slum” (from “Prince Of The Poverty Line”, 1994)
05. Lantlôs – “Pulse/Surreal” (from “.neon”, 2010)
06. Panopticon – “The Embers At Dawn” (from “...and Again Into the Light”, 2021) [Submitted by Sonny]
07. Sacrilegium – “Wicher falami ognia” (from “Wicher”, 1996)
08. Djevel – “Maanen Skal Være Mine Øine, Den Skinnende Stierne Mine Ben, Og Her Skal Jeg Vandre Til Evig Tid” (from “Tanker som rir natten”, 2021) [Submitted by Xephyr]
09. Darkthrone – “To Walk The Infernal Fields” (from “Under A Funeral Moon”, 1993) [Submitted by Ben]
10. Sojourner – “Perennial” (from “Perennial” E.P., 2021) [Submitted by Xephyr]
11. Shining – “Ren djävla ångest” (from “Within Deep Dark Chambers”, 2000)
12. Kanonenfieber – “Grabenlieder” (from “Menschenmühle”, 2021) [Submitted by Sonny]
13. Evilfeast – “Winter Descent's Eve... I Become the Journey” (from “Elegies of the Stellar Wind”, 2017) [Submitted by Ben]
14. Батюшка [Batushka] – “Ектения • I • Очищение” (from “Литургия (Litourgiya)”, 2015) [Submitted by Ben]
15. Esoctrilihum – “Xuiotg” (from “Dy'th Requiem for the Serpent Telepath”, 2021) [Submitted by Xephyr]
16. Emperor – “Ye Entrancemperium” (from “Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk”, 1997) [Submitted by Sonny92]

July 15, 2021 07:02 AM

Winners this month:

Panopticon, Darkthrone, Shining, Kanonenfieber, Evilfeast & Batushka (an album I really need to spend more time with)

A healthy mix of current releases and some more established sounds also.

July 17, 2021 07:14 PM

I thought this month's playlist got off to a great start with Vinny's trio of selections kicking us off in fine style. That impetus was lost by the Skyclad and Lantlôs tracks unfortunately - Skyclad I've never liked and this was a particularly awful track and I found the Lantlôs track a bit boring. Still, the remainder off the list had some awesome tracks I'm familiar with from Panopticon, Darkthrone, Kanonenfieber, Batushka and Emperor and some unfamiliar and interesting stuff from Djevel and Evilfeast as well as the three bands at the beginning of the playlist. Overall another great playlist with something for everyone I guess.