March 2021 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post February 28, 2021 10:34 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2VHkmJtYT34DnREAMpqghi?si=OGdQCMVkRreekSBeMhGxEQ

Tracklisting:

01. Thundering Hooves – “Mara” (from “Vestiges”, 2021)

02. The Ruins Of Beverast – “Ropes Into Eden” (from “The Thule Grimoires”, 2021) [Submitted by Ben]

03. Yoth Iria – “The Mantis” (from “As The Flame Withers”, 2021) [Submitted by Xephyr]

04. Primordial – “The Golden Spiral” (from “The Gathering Wilderness”, 2005) [Submitted by Ben]

05. Kampfar – “Hymne” (from “Mellom skogkledde aaser”, 1997)

06. Begotten – “Nothing Worth Remembering I” (from “Nothing Worth Remembering” E.P., 2021)

07. Ebony Pendant – “The Garden Of Strangling Roots” (from “The Garden Of Strangling Roots”, 2021)

08. Deafheaven – “Dream House” (from “Sunbather”, 2013)

09. Fen – “Winter I (Pathway)” (from “Winter”, 2017)

10. Emperor – “I Am The Black Wizards” (from “In The Nightside Eclipse”, 1994)

11. Förgjord – “Surman säkeet” (from “Ajasta ikuisuuteen”, 2008) [Submitted by MacabreEternal]

12. Tsjuder – “Ancient Hate” (from “Demonic Possession”, 2002) [Submitted by MacabreEternal]

13. ColdWorld – “Scars” (from “Autumn”, 2016) [Submitted by Ben]

14. Revenge – “Yabssor Born / Blood of My Blood” (from “Attack.Blood.Revenge” E.P., 2001)

15. Devouring Star – “Sin Assimilation” (from “The Arteries of Heresy”, 2018) [Submitted by MacabreEternal]

March 01, 2021 10:17 AM

Strong list this month.  Pleasing to see the Yoth Iria track as well as some Revenge.

Found myself tolerating the Primordial track (usually skip these guys) and have picked up a couple of new acts to explore more.  Didn't hate Deafheaven as much as I predicted I would but was still relatively underwhelmed by it.

P.S. really want to play Winter by Fen all day now.

March 28, 2021 03:35 PM
I must admit that I have been a bit remiss with this month's playlists and this is the only one I've really listened to. Decent playlist, unfortunately everything else was overshadowed by the awesomeness of I Am The Black Wizards (my favourite metal song... ever)!