November 2020 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post October 31, 2020 09:31 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5xZt0iIaIlSLd5G5QTVHv1?si=4wSEJjwIRVm_leTqKB3-ZA

Tracklisting:

01. Immortal – “Withstand The Fall Of Time” (from “At The Heart Of Winter”, 1999) [Submitted by MacabreEternal]

02. Almyrkvi – “Asomatous Grove” (from “Almyrkvi/The Ruins Of Beverast” split E.P., 2020)  [Submitted by Xephyr]

03. Naglfar – “Cerecloth” (from “Cerecloth”, 2020)

04. Jute Gyte – “Discontinuities” (from “Discontinuities”, 2013) [Submitted by MacabreEternal]

05. Summoning – “Old Mornings Dawn” (from “Old Mornings Dawn”, 2013) [Submitted by Ben]

06. Deafheaven – “Canary Yellow” (from “Ordinary Corrupt Human Love”, 2018)

07. Ensiferum – “Iron” (from “Iron”, 2004)

08. Lifelover – “Myspys” (from “Dekadens”, 2009)

09. Bathory – “Sacrifice” (from “Bathory”, 1984)

10. Bethlehem – “Wahn schmiedet Sarg” (from “Bethlehem”, 2016)

11. Darkthrone – “In The Shadow Of the Horns” (from “A Blaze In The Northern Sky”, 1992) [Submitted by Sonny92]

12. Havukruunu – “Jo nakyvi pohjan portit” (from “Kelle surut soi”, 2017)

13. Thorns – “Existence” (from “Thorns”, 2001) [Submitted by Ben]

14. Anorexia Nervosa – “The Shining” (from “Redemption Process”, 2004) [Submitted by Ben]

15. Dawn – “The Knell & The World” (from “Slaughtersun (Crown Of The Triarchy)”, 1998)

16. Wiegedood – “Prowl” (from “De doden hebben het goed III”, 2018) [Submitted by MacabreEternal]

17. Cultus Profano – “Towards The Temple Of Darkened Fates, Op. 19” (from “Accursed Possession”, 2020) [Submitted by Sonny92]

18. Antichrist Siege Machine – “Vacant Cross” (from “Morbid Triumph” E.P. (2017)

November 17, 2020 06:15 PM

Great playlist this month Daniel, one of the best yet. Sorry though Vinny, the Jute Gyte track went right over my head. Summoning are only really any good for table-top RPGing and I found the Ensiferum track a bit fromage-friendly! I was also wondering why the Deafheaven track was so crap until... Bam!! When it gets going it is amazing. Everything else was terrific and to be honest how can any playlist that features Immortal, Bathory and Darkthrone not be awesome? A few I need to check out further too, such as Wiegedood and Anorexia Nervosa (I remember not being impressed by them before, but their track on here is very good indeed).

November 18, 2020 11:41 AM

Great playlist this month Daniel, one of the best yet. Sorry though Vinny, the Jute Gyte track went right over my head. Summoning are only really any good for table-top RPGing and I found the Ensiferum track a bit fromage-friendly! I was also wondering why the Deafheaven track was so crap until... Bam!! When it gets going it is amazing. Everything else was terrific and to be honest how can any playlist that features Immortal, Bathory and Darkthrone not be awesome? A few I need to check out further too, such as Wiegedood and Anorexia Nervosa (I remember not being impressed by them before, but their track on here is very good indeed).

Quoted Sonny92

Ha, Jute Gyte is a challenge alright.

November 18, 2020 03:22 PM

Quoted Sonny92

Ha, Jute Gyte is a challenge alright.

Quoted MacabreEternal

Yeah, he sure is. I really enjoyed his Perdurance album, but I'm a bit too much of a literal person for the more avant-garde stuff. Still, he's obviously ridiculously talented, so good luck to him.