May 2024 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post April 30, 2024 09:42 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Sw9mEcyXo1pGyFHR3znLT?si=aa9d49b8fb3249b6

1. Selbst - When True Loneliness Is Experienced (from Despondency Chord Progressions, 2024)

2. Antichrist Siege Machine - Piled Swine (from Vengeance of Eternal Fire, 2024)

3. Obsidian Tongue - Winter Child (from The Stone Heart, 2024) [Submitted by Sonny]

4. Doedsvangr - The Salt Marsh (from Serpents ov Old, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

5. Labyrinthus Stellarum - Vortex of the Worlds (from Vortex of the Worlds, 2024)

6. Blaze of Perdition - Niezmywalne (from Upharsin, 2024)

7. Darkestrah - Destroyer of Obstacles (from Nomad, 2024)

8. Sacrificial Vein - Wombs of Depravation (from Black Terror Genesis, 2024)

9. Severoth - Sons of Steel Will (from By the Way of Light, 2024)

10. Tsjuder - Ghoul (from Desert Northen Hell, 2004)

11. Misotheist - Stigma (from Vessels by Which the Devil is Made Flesh, 2024) [Submitted by Vinny]

12. Kvadrat - Η φρικτή δυσαρμονία της λήθης8:43 (from The Horrible Dissonance of Oblivion, 2024)

13. Revenge - Blood Annihilation (from Victory.Intolerance.Mastery, 2004) [Submitted by Sonny]

14. Trhä - Tëmana olh qëtën colvënna bé'jar lhëlh tun lhaja enΩëjëda£ehan inqom (from Alëce iΩic, 2023) [Submitted by Daniel]

May 04, 2024 02:05 PM

I loved the Antichrist Siege Machine track, which is unsurprising as the album it is from is currently my #2 album of 2024. Other notables were Darkestrah with the grandiose pomp and circumstance of "Destroyer of Obstacles" really tickling my fancy this morning, Sacrificial Vein's blatant DsO-worship and Tsjuder's uncompromising old-school onslaught also standing out. To be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole playlist, except for the Labyrinthus Stellarum track, which is in large part due to a deep-seated loathing of synthesised vocals of the type used here, but even without that it was largely unremarkable to my ears. The closing Trhä track I also found to be quite emotional for some reason, it's wistful and reflective atmosphere chiming with my own emotional state today.
Once more a stellar effort Ben, thanks a lot.