March 2024 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post February 29, 2024 08:08 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Sw9mEcyXo1pGyFHR3znLT?si=2f056cb559744cbd

1. Necrowretch - Total Obliteration (from Swords of Dajjal, 2024)

2. Praise the Plague - Astray From Light (from Suffocating in the Current of Time, 2024)

3. Sworn - Calamity Sea (from A Journey Told Through Fire, 2023) [Submitted by Vinny]

4. Theophonos - Willing Power (from Ashes in the Huron River, 2024) [Submitted by Xephyr]

5. Finntroll - Fiskarens Fiende (from Nattfodd, 2004) [Submitted by Xephyr]

6. Sardonic Witchery - Barbaric Bastards of Mass Destruction (from Barbaric Evil Power, 2024) [Submitted by Sonny]

7. Bròn - Dverima noci (from Pred dverima noći, 2020)

8. Revenge - Heathen Hammer (from Triumph.Genocide.Antichrist, 2003) [Submitted by Sonny]

9. Malist - Ode to the Night (from Of Scorched Earth, 2024)

10. Departure Chandelier - Accipitridae (from Satan Soldier of Fortune, 2024) [Submitted by Xephyr]

11. Litosth - The Clay Messiah (from Cesariana, 2024)

12. Paysage d'Hiver - Eintritt in die Sphaeren... (from Winterkaelte, 2001) [Submitted by Sonny]

13. Helleruin - Naar de aarde terug (from War Upon Man, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

14. Farsot - Buoyant Flames (from Life Promised Death, 2024)

15. Sadistik Exekution - Spirits Are Komming (from The Magus, 1991) [Submitted by Daniel]

16. Naglfar - Plutonium Reveries (from Harvest, 2007) [Submitted by Vinny]

17. Abysmal Lord - Golgotha Crucifixion (from Disciples of the Inferno, 2015) [Submitted by Sonny]

18. Equilibrium - Mana (from Sagas, 2008) [Submitted by Daniel]

March 09, 2024 04:54 PM

Interesting list this month, Ben. My first question has got to be "did Daniel really suggest the Equilibrium track?!" I mean, I quite dug it too, surprisingly (it felt very cinematic), but it seems most unlike him.

Some really good stuff on there - I've been praising the Necrowretch album already this month, so that was a great start. Praise the Plague and Sworn then backed that up brilliantly and things were off to a great start. Elsewhere Departure Chandelier and Naglfar were also big hits with me. Some misses were Theophonos (too noisy) and Farsot (too twee) and Bròn are a band I have never got along with, so the war metal of Revenge was well placed as an emetic to remove that bloated feeling I had after Bròn. Final mention is one of my own picks with Paysage d'Hiver. I really wanted to suggest Winter from the same album, but we have had that before. Eintritt in die Sphaeren... is a damn good backup to fall back on though, ain't it?

Good work, my friend and thanks for keeping it interesting.

March 09, 2024 07:09 PM

My first question has got to be "did Daniel really suggest the Equilibrium track?!" I mean, I quite dug it too, surprisingly (it felt very cinematic), but it seems most unlike him.

Quoted Sonny

It was a pretty lean month for me for The North releases so I thought I'd include it in the interest of diversity. It was probably the least offensive track from an album where I found nothing whatsoever that appealed to me.