The Stinkers Thread - The North Edition

First Post December 09, 2019 10:37 PM

Share your musical abortions here.

January 11, 2020 04:42 AM

I'm sure I can't be the only one who thinks this sped up Venom cover version is balls, am I? Particularly the last section where it disintegrates into a complete mess.

January 18, 2020 10:24 AM

Awful blackened death metal from Brazil. I could honestly have included the entire album here but this track is one of the worst of a particularly bad bunch.

January 18, 2020 01:15 PM

Here's another example of Alestorm f***ing things up with an anchor, this time an actual song. Now THIS is awful as f***! And it's not just because of the excessive swearing....

February 29, 2020 12:48 PM

Awful blackened death metal from Brazil. I could honestly have included the entire album here but this track is one of the worst of a particularly bad bunch.

Quoted Daniel

I would've included the entire album right there! Personally I think the track "Speed Metal" has some notoriety for almost, just almost soiling the speed metal genre.

February 29, 2020 09:11 PM

Here's another example of Alestorm f***ing things up with an anchor, this time an actual song. Now THIS is awful as f***! And it's not just because of the excessive swearing....

Quoted shadowdoom9

Personally I love that one, it's the only song from their last album I really enjoyed :p

March 04, 2020 06:29 AM

This is absolutely categorically not my bag at all.

March 18, 2020 10:58 PM

March 22, 2021 09:12 PM

Dear Moonsorrow. "The Final Countdown" called & it would like it's cheesy, 80's synths back please. Yours sincerely, Europe.

September 07, 2021 09:37 PM

This is the very epitome of everything I hate about the Folk Metal subgenre.

October 18, 2021 01:50 AM

Another example of why I can't deal with most Folk Metal.

November 25, 2021 12:22 PM

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
November 25, 2021 07:48 PM

This thread might as well be called Daniel's consistent attempts to listen to Folk Metal and Melodic Black Metal bands that he already knows he's going to hate, then shares his vitriol with the world. If anything, it's probably a good place for Folk Metal fans to find good music.

November 25, 2021 09:19 PM

Yeah that's a fair call Ben but are you saying that you enjoy this latest Windir submission? Take a listen with fresh ears & tell me it's not a poorly executed Isengard clone.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
November 26, 2021 04:39 AM

I was obviously taking the piss. :yum: That said, you're correct to assume that I wouldn't enjoy that track. It's pretty horrible. But then, like you, I don't like this sort of Folk Metal at all. I hated it when Isengard did it and I hated it when Windir and Enslaved did it. Others seem to enjoy it. I guess I personally don't see the point of adding tracks to the Stinkers thread when you despise the style of music in general. It's probably interesting and useful for people if you call a Thrash Metal or Brutal Death Metal track a stinker, or if I state that a Funeral Doom track is a stinker, because we normally love those genres, and are therefore suitable people to judge them. To be honest, I could add half the Power Metal tracks I've ever heard to the stinkers thread, but would that really be a fair assessment? I think I'd just offend people who shouldn't listen to my judgement of Power Metal anyway.

To be clear, I'm not telling you (or anyone) what they should or shouldn't call a stinker. You do you! There's just an obvious pattern to the last 6 entries here that I couldn't help but comment on.

As an aside, there's much to like on Arntor for me, and I totally get why so many see it as a classic. Tracks like The Blacksmith and the Troll of Lundamyri and The Longing are very enjoyable for me.

March 30, 2022 06:12 AM

This track sounds like trance DJs Tiesto, Ferry Corsten & Armin Van Buuren got blind drunk & tried to make a synth-driven black metal tune. I genuinely hate everything about it.