December 2023 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post November 30, 2023 07:43 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1YeEK3kAW41zfx6Dbd2iqO?si=8aee5c55c69b4f4e

1. Slaughtbbath - The Sands of Despair (from Contempt, War and Damnation, 2017) [Submitted by Sonny]

2. Windir - On The Mountain Of Goats (from Likferd, 2003) [Submitted by Daniel]

3. Faidra - Punishment Nailed Deep (from Militant : Penitent : Triumphant, 2023)

4. Deiphage - Nuclear Cavalry (from Nuclear Cavalry, 2023)

5. Ebony Pendant - Raven Swarm (from Ebony Pendant, 2023) [Submitted by Sonny]

6. Finsterforst - Kapitel II – Dualität (from Jenseits, 2023)

7. Sarcofago - Satanas (2nd Version) (from Die... Hard!!!, 2015) [Submitted by Daniel]

8. Glemsel - Ansigterne (from Forfader, 2022) [Submitted by Vinny]

9. Emperor - Beyond the Great Vast Forest (from In the Nightside Eclipse, 1994) [Submitted by Sonny]

10. Vertebra Atlantis - Drown in Aether, Sovereign of Withered Ardor (from A Dialogue With the Eeriest Sublime, 2023) [Submitted by Xephyr]

11. Sielunvihollinen - Kun kaikki vihdoin kuihtuu pois (from Helvetinkone, 2023)

12. Fork of Horripilation - Chuva é Cantoria na Aldeia dos Mortos (from Folguedo Noturno, 2023) [Submitted by Sonny]

13. Malokarpatan - Mnohoraké Útrapy Milostpána Kelleyho (from Vertumnus Caesar, 2023) [Submitted by Xephyr]

14. Mayhem - Pagan Fears (from De mysteriis dom Sathanas, 1994)

15. Hexis - Exhaurire (from Aeternum, 2022) [Submitted by Vinny]

16. Moonlight Sorcery - In Coldest Embrace (from Horned Lord of the Thorned Castle, 2023) [Submitted by Xephyr]

17. Auriferous Flame - Wielders of Secrets (from Ardor for Black Mastery, 2023)

18. Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky (from Frostland Tapes, 2008) [Submitted by Daniel]

19. Autrest - Time is a River (from Follow the Cold Path, 2023)

December 03, 2023 12:05 PM

Ben?  The Spotify playlist on the app itself is still showing as last month's selections?

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
December 08, 2023 01:49 AM

Sorry! I've sorted that now.

December 14, 2023 09:03 AM

I enjoyed another solid list this month.  HIghlights being Fork of Horripilation, Malokarpatan, Auriferous Flame and Faidra.  Benn meaning to spend some time with that Faidra album in recent weeks so will prioritise this coming week as work dies down.

Not convinced by Finsterfrost, Vertebra Atlantis or Sielunvihollinen though.  Still, plenty to go at though from this month's list.

December 17, 2023 05:44 PM

Another top list this month, Ben. I don't know if it's because the winter is here and the music suits the mood so well, but the last couple have been very good indeed. In fact there wasn't a single track I could say I disliked. Sure there were a couple that were a bit more melodic than I prefer, but they were still fine in their own way. I'm with Vinny in thinking that Faidra track was a particular highlight. Deiphage, Ebony Pendant, Fork Of Horripilation, Glemsel and Auriferous Flame were fantastic too. And let's face it, any playlist with Mayhem, Emperor and Darkthrone is going to kick ass anyway. Nice work Ben and everybody who submitted their selections.