November 2023 - Feature Release - The North Edition

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post October 31, 2023 10:55 PM

Another month flies by, which means it's time to select a new feature release for The North. As it's my turn to choose, I've selected Progenie Terrestre Pura's debut album U.M.A.. I have a lot of time for this album in general, but I have to say that it's the opening track that I continue to go back to over and over again. I do wish that the vocals were stronger, but the almost whispered approach gives the album a strange atmosphere, especially when combined with the sci-fi aspect. I hope at least one other Academy member finds something to enjoy here.

It would be great to read what you all think of it either below or in review format.

https://metal.academy/releases/8764

November 03, 2023 12:50 PM

This is fucking fantastic Ben. Super-premium atmospheric black metal with a strong & highly original psybient component & some excellent extreme metal drumming. How could I not love that?! The mature use of melody, the knack for building tension & the inherent creativity are simply so impressive. "U.M.A." is the perfect Metal Academy feature release in my opinion as it's criminally underrated & underappreciated.

4.5/5