October 2023 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post September 30, 2023 11:08 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Sw9mEcyXo1pGyFHR3znLT?si=f6b125ec1cf347bf

1. Marduk - Blood of the Funeral (from Memento mori, 2023)

2. Profane Order - Of Bile and Malice (from One Nightmare Unto Another, 2023) [Submitted by Sonny]

3. Gespenst - Rejse (from Den siste færd, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

4. Tsjuder - Prestehammeren (from Helvegr, 2023)

5. Sorcier des glaces - L'éternelle majesté des montagnes (from Snowland MMXII, 2012) [Submitted by Vinny]

6. Altar of Plagues - God Alone (from Teethed Glory & Injury, 2013) [Submitted by Daniel]

7. Trhä - Dlhevuqshja dlhumër bem (from Lhum'ad'sejja, 2023)

8. Ifernach - Black Metal Butchery (from Gespegewagi Black Metal, 2020) [Submitted by Vinny]

9. Mgla - II (from With Hearts Toward None, 2012) [Submitted by Daniel]

10. Deathspell Omega - Chaining the Katechon (from Veritas Diaboli Manet in Aeternum: Chaining the Katechon, 2008)

11. Carpathian Forest - Journey Through the Cold Moors of Svarttjern (from Through Chasm, Caves and Titan Woods, 1995) [Submitted by Sonny]

12. Revenge - Blood Of My Blood (from Triumph, Genocide. Antichrist, 2003) [Submitted by Daniel]

13. Fluisteraars - De mystiek rondom de steen des hamers (from De kronieken van het verdwenen kasteel II: Nergena, 2023)

14. Ancient - Trumps of an Archangel (from Svartalvheim, 1994) [Submitted by Sonny]

15. Armagedda - Skogens morka djup (from The Final War Approaching, 2001) [Submitted by Daniel]

16. Sacramentum - Blood Shall Be Spilled (from Far Away From the Sun, 1996) [Submitted by Sonny]

17. Satyricon - Supersonic Journey (from Rebel Extravaganza, 1999)

18. Bríi - Viajante universal (from Último ancestral comum, 2023)

October 05, 2023 11:23 AM

Really enjoyed this month's playlist.  Managed to get through it in one sitting this morning which is rare during work hours.

Fluisteraars continue to please me the more I hear from them with the largely shortened format of their releases making them a quick win.  My other major takeaway was a reminder to check out that Altar of Plagues record again as keep meaning to write a review for it but never quite get around to it.  Profane Order are new to me but liked what I heard here of them.

New Marduk and Tsjuder sound promising so must add them to the "to do" list.

October 08, 2023 02:22 PM

Nice list again Ben. Of the stuff I was unfamiliar with, Tsjuder and Profane Order chimed with me the most. I haven't ever listened to Rebel Extravaganza before and enjoyed the track from it a fair bit. I also enjoyed the Gespenst and Ifernach tracks.

I'm not sure about the last track by Bríi, I think I will have to check out a bit more from them, but it did pique my interest. Of the stuff I know, Ancient, Deathspell and Altar of Plagues were big yesses. Marduk sounded just how I expected them to and Trhä and Mgla didn't really set my world on fire.

All in all though, an enjoyable couple of hours whilst decorating the living room. How about a new tagline, "The Metal Academy Playlist - makes household chores almost bearable!"