Necrobutcher's take on the murder of Euronymous

First Post October 16, 2019 06:56 PM

“In the middle of the process of the songwriting and stuff [for ‘De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas’], our buddy Per Ohlin decided to take his own life. I felt very sad about that and was struck by sorrow for a long time. Still actually feel sorrow about that. But the first year was particularly bad. Especially since my friend – ‘friend’ -Euronymous took fucking photos of [Ohlin’s] corpse. So that didn’t help much with the grief. I felt like I needed to go over and kill that Oyster Euronymous fucking backstabber. But y’know it’s funny with the karma, y’know, bad karma there… ’cause he went behind my back, called Varg Vikernes, got him to play bass on the album and then that was kinda bad karma I guess, because we all know what happened to him. 

“Okay, I can just tell it now, [I’ve held] it in for many years, but actually I was on my way down to kill [Euronymous] myself. When it happened, I just saw the [news of his murder in the] morning paper, I’m thinking, ‘Fuck, I gotta get home to my place and get out all the weapons and drugs and shit I had in my house because they’re coming to my house because I’m probably gonna be the #1 suspect for this.’ But little did I know that the Norwegian police already knew that Count Grishnackh was going down to Oslo to kill [Euronymous], because they bugged [Varg’s] phone and they actually talked about this killing before… so the cops already knew that he was coming. So they’re probably thinking to themselves, ‘Okay, we didn’t nail this guy for church burning, so let’s nail him for murder and get rid of this fucking guy in Oslo at the same time.’ So that’s basically what happened.”

October 22, 2019 02:10 AM

More from Necrobutcher on this topic:

“When I did that interview I was thinking, ‘What kind of moron fucking question is this?’ They didn’t have one fucking question about the new album, which we are out here to do, so I was like … what’s this line of questioning? Aren’t you over that now?

But yeah, OK, I’ll tell you straight up, I wanted to kill that fucker in the end. He … Imagine that somebody you think is your friend coming home and finding your other friend killed themselves and took pictures of their dead body. Who the fuck in their right mind would do anything like that? Everybody should have the little bit of intelligence to know that, that’s gotta be somebody completely stripped from empathy and normal emotions. And really a bad fucking person. But now he’s a fucking hero! And it’s like, OK, I’ve always talked good about him, never wanted to talk bad about the dead, but this has gone too far now. I mean, if the guy wasn’t killed, he would’ve gone to jail for many years for lighting up a church in Oslo. He’d be gone. He’d have been sued just like Varg Vikernes for 50 million NOK, so when he would be released from jail, he would never have a job, never own a car, own a flat, own a TV. He would be fucked with a capital F. He’s the big hero? No, he’s the big fucking asshole, that’s who he is. The betrayal — he betrayed his friends and the bad karma in the end came and took him. I never cried a tear for that guy. I was mad as fuck when he died, and what I told that journalist is when I read it in the morning paper, I headed straight home and cleaned my house for all the illegals. I was sure the cops were going to come home to my place next and that I was going to be a suspect. I didn’t know that they already knew who did it. 

“And I’ll tell you since we’re into this. Norway is a very small country. Varg Vikernes lit up a church, went to jail, they couldn’t get evidence, so they had to let him out. Big disappointment for the cops, a loss of prestige. So, they bugged his phone, bugged his apartment, everything. And he was plotting to kill Euronymous on the phone and everything, making an alibi on the phone. But of course, they knew everything! So, I was a little pissed at the cops later on because I’m thinking … they knew what was going on and they didn’t even stop it. This is very fucking bad, you know what I mean? The government was in on killing him. So, I never talked about it before, but now I’m thinking, since the government isn’t linked up to my ass now, it’s starting to get down to earth again. And that’s not the smart thing for me to do, to make enemies again now that I’ve cooled again, but it’s in me. I can’t help it. Anything that wronged me has to be right.”